1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

University of Illinois

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by Mari_Cristi, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Mari_Cristi

Mari_Cristi Member
    7+ Year Member

What have you heard about the International Program of U of Illinois at Chicago?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Mari_Cristi

Mari_Cristi Member
    7+ Year Member

Anyone applying for this program?

4. guru

guru Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey,

We are all into this adv standing program with the aim of obtaining a DDS or DMD . I will not advice any one to apply in Univ of Illinois ,Chicago , because they award you a "Certificate" upon completion of their adv standing program.....Pls look elsewhere.

5. Mari_Cristi

Mari_Cristi Member
    7+ Year Member

UF also has a 2 year certicicate and a4 year degree. I agree that it is better to earn a degree, but I am searching for a 2 year program so I can take the Board in Puerto Rico. Do you know if the certificate from U of Illinois is not recognized in other states to apply for State Boards?

6. merl

merl Member
    7+ Year Member

The certificate given by illinois is not valid in other states.you could call individual state boards to verify that would be better, coz few state boards ask for 2 yr dental education in USA to give license.