University of Indianapolis interview

Started by dhc1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dhc1

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had originally received an email (on 11/16) from U. Of Indianapolis's Krannert school of DPT stating that they couldn't offer me an interview at the time, but I woke up this morning invited to interview with then this Friday! Has this happened to anyone else? I'm excited but I only have a few days to prepare for it, does anyone know much about the interview process there or have past experience with them?

Also, are there any current UIndy students that can tell me their opinion of the DPT program?
 
I'm a junior at Uindy, and will be applying here this summer. It's a fantastic program and is super competitive so i'm assuming since they didn't offer you an interview out of the gate that you're stats aren't perfect. I have a few friends currently in the program and from what they've told me just be yourself, be confident, know what's going on in the profession and don't try to be someone that you're not and you should be ok. On a side note, i've heard they refer to your application a lot so know what you have on there and look over your major selling points!

Good luck!!

JD
 
Thanks JD!

I'm actually super nervous because you're right, my stats are not perfect. Do you happen to know if they extend the invites for the interviews to a lot of applicants? I'm from California and I'd have to fly out there for the day, so I'm a little hesitant. I just don't want to waste my time or theirs if they extended the invites to basically everyone who made the cut-off and I don't have much of a chance if I go.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks JD!

I'm actually super nervous because you're right, my stats are not perfect. Do you happen to know if they extend the invites for the interviews to a lot of applicants? I'm from California and I'd have to fly out there for the day, so I'm a little hesitant. I just don't want to waste my time or theirs if they extended the invites to basically everyone who made the cut-off and I don't have much of a chance if I go.

Congrats on the interview! I actually had the same thing happen to me last year and I was accepted into the program after the interview. PM me if you have any specific questions!
 
dhc1 what are your GPA and GRE and i'll tell you if you have a shot. I know if you're a Uindy student with a 3.5 GPA you get an interview. Not sure as far as out of state though.

JD