University of Iowa Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

my status changed from interview invite to complete/under review šŸ˜³
Mine did too about a week after my interview if I remember correctly. Im not sure it means much.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In last yearā€™s thread someone mentioned that Iowa typically rejects/defers applications about 11 days before the acceptance date. Does anyone know if thatā€™s true and if weā€™d be past that date with the new 15th acceptance date?

Reactions: 1 user
In last yearā€™s thread someone mentioned that Iowa typically rejects/defers applications about 11 days before the acceptance date. Does anyone know if thatā€™s true and if weā€™d be past that date with the new 15th acceptance date?
It seems they shifted gears last year in that they waitlisted people after decision day.

When does Iowa send out their rejections? Do you think if we haven't received one yet we are accepted or waitlisted?

When does Iowa send out their rejections? Do you think if we haven't received one yet we are accepted or waitlisted?
Yeah if you havenā€™t heard anything yet youā€™re probably good. If you donā€™t get an email on Dec 15 then you are likely waitlisted and wonā€™t hear anything for about a month

Just curious about the whole process. I submitted my application in early August and received my interview invitation less than 12 hours later. Im hoping this is a good sign for me, but if someone has any extra input on this that would be great! Just getting very anxious for DEC. 15th

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious about the whole process. I submitted my application in early August and received my interview invitation less than 12 hours later. Im hoping this is a good sign for me, but if someone has any extra input on this that would be great! Just getting very anxious for DEC. 15th
trust the process...

Are you in-state?

If your stats are good then Iā€™d say you have a pretty decent chance. They typically interview about 250 ish (probably a little more) and about 100 of those applicants are in-state residents. They will accept about 30 oos applicants out of those 150 ish that interviewed. Remember tho that Iowa loves a well-rounded candidate - they want you to be passionate about dentistry and a good person. Leadership roles, volunteering, and being involved in things other than dentistry really helps your app. Hopefully this helps a little! Try not to stress tho, ik itā€™s easier said than done. Decision day will be here before you know it!

Reactions: 2 users
From what I can gather, If you interviewed and have not yet received a rejection/deferred email, it is likely you are on waitlist or in.

Depends on if you receive an email on Dec 15th.

Any idea how many Iowa has on its wait list each cycle?

If your stats are good then Iā€™d say you have a pretty decent chance. They typically interview about 250 ish (probably a little more) and about 100 of those applicants are in-state residents. They will accept about 30 oos applicants out of those 150 ish that interviewed. Remember tho that Iowa loves a well-rounded candidate - they want you to be passionate about dentistry and a good person. Leadership roles, volunteering, and being involved in things other than dentistry really helps your app. Hopefully this helps a little! Try not to stress tho, ik itā€™s easier said than done. Decision day will be here before you know it!
Yes I have 23 AA and 22 PAT, with nothing less than a 20. GPA is 3.93 overall, science about 3.85. I also have about 100 hours shadowing and over 200 volunteer hours. I also started a charity event for the first time this year and raised over $18,000 for the Boys and Girls club. I feel like I am decently well rounded, but I guess I won't know until decision day.

Yes I have 23 AA and 22 PAT, with nothing less than a 20. GPA is 3.93 overall, science about 3.85. I also have about 100 hours shadowing and over 200 volunteer hours. I also started a charity event for the first time this year and raised over $18,000 for the Boys and Girls club. I feel like I am decently well rounded, but I guess I won't know until decision day.
Yeah man, youā€™re looking good! I would say chances are pretty high. I wish you the best of luck

From what I can gather, If you interviewed and have not yet received a rejection/deferred email, it is likely you are on waitlist or in.

Depends on if you receive an email on Dec 15th.

Any idea how many Iowa has on its wait list each cycle?
Yup. No way to tell but if we had to guess last cycle there were 43 spots for re-applicant consults so id say somewhere around there.

On the ADEA application website under the ā€œcheck statusā€ tab my current decision status reads ā€œReceived/Under Review.ā€ I interviewed earlier this fall, and have not received anything regarding a rejection/deferral, wondering if you all are seeing the same decision status?

Also, I noticed mixed information on last years thread about if students got an email first or if their decision status on ADEA was changed first on the admissions night. Any thoughts/Intel on this? Or is it just random?

On the ADEA application website under the ā€œcheck statusā€ tab my current decision status reads ā€œReceived/Under Review.ā€ I interviewed earlier this fall, and have not received anything regarding a rejection/deferral, wondering if you all are seeing the same decision status?

Also, I noticed mixed information on last years thread about if students got an email first or if their decision status on ADEA was changed first on the admissions night. Any thoughts/Intel on this? Or is it just random?
Same as mine, interviewed in September. I don't think it means anything unless you hear directly from them.

At the interview they said there are three methods of notification:

15 Dec First admits go out
ā€¢ US Mail
ā€¢ MyUIowa
ā€¢ AADSAS Admissions Portal

I believe the MyUIowa portal and AADSAS may generate emails after the status change, but those are the two I would watch! My current AADSAS status is the same, so Iā€™d say youā€™re still in the running:) hope you get in!

At the interview they said there are three methods of notification:

15 Dec First admits go out
ā€¢ US Mail
ā€¢ MyUIowa
ā€¢ AADSAS Admissions Portal

I believe the MyUIowa portal and AADSAS may generate emails after the status change, but those are the two I would watch! My current AADSAS status is the same, so Iā€™d say youā€™re still in the running:) hope you get in!
You will get an email directly from Rachael Kowbel the director of admissions. A week later something in the mail, myui portal will change, and AADSAS didnā€™t change for me but changed for others.

You will get an email directly from Rachael Kowbel the director of admissions. A week later something in the mail, myui portal will change, and AADSAS didnā€™t change for me but changed for others.
thank you! is it throughout the day? or midnight?

Just a reminder to anyone who is a re-applicant like me, make sure to update your password. You don't want to have to reset your password when decisions come out. Also, fyi MyUI is very slow now so be patient with it.

Got my acceptance email at 11:06 CT. No change to myUI status or ADEA, both say in progress or received/under review.

Do they send acceptances throughout the day, or is just the ones at midnight?

So if our portal didnā€™t change last night are we most likely waitlisted or rejected at this point?

Is there a GroupMe or facebook group for the new 2027 class?

So if our portal didnā€™t change last night are we most likely waitlisted or rejected at this point?
Unfortunately yes, most likely waitlisted. At this point, I think rejections were sent out already.

Just got an email update from Iowa. It stated that I am in a ā€œselect, elite, group of applicants who have been placed on the alternate listā€ lol

Rejected yesterday w/o interview, they deferred me first around August.

Congratulations to all those who were accepted on the 15th. Quick question, did all of your statuses changed from "Invited for interview" to "Received/under review" some time before decision day?

How unlikely are you to get accepted if you interview late October as an in-state candidate?
Itā€™s 50-50 whenever you interview as in-state as far as Iā€™m aware but I feel like later you go odds decrease a little more