University of Iowa Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redotable

Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone had an interview with University of Iowa yet? I just got an invitation for November 6th. Not sure when they started/start interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice! Do you have any insight for how it went? (format, etc.)
I apologize for just now seeing this. I really hope your interview went well! I'm curious to see how yours was because I have heard very mixed things from others who had an interview at Iowa. Mine was quite formal and they asked me a handful of relatively difficult questions, though they were not behavioral questions, really. I had been told beforehand that the Iowa interviews were very casual so I'm not sure how well I did since I didn't expect mine to be so formal. I heard from a lot of others that interviewed in this cycle that theirs were very casual and conversational.

I apologize for just now seeing this. I really hope your interview went well! I'm curious to see how yours was because I have heard very mixed things from others who had an interview at Iowa. Mine was quite formal and they asked me a handful of relatively difficult questions, though they were not behavioral questions, really. I had been told beforehand that the Iowa interviews were very casual so I'm not sure how well I did since I didn't expect mine to be so formal. I heard from a lot of others that interviewed in this cycle that theirs were very casual and conversational.
No worries! I actually ended up really enjoying my interview. Mine was definitely more casual and conversational. You must've gotten two of the more difficult faculty. Now that it's the end of November I'm hoping they'll start sending out decisions. I don't want to wait until January!

Reactions: 1 user
No worries! I actually ended up really enjoying my interview. Mine was definitely more casual and conversational. You must've gotten two of the more difficult faculty. Now that it's the end of November I'm hoping they'll start sending out decisions. I don't want to wait until January!
Me too! Is Iowa your top choice?

I just got my acceptance!
Oh wow congratulations!!! I haven't heard back yet. It is one of my top choices but I'm still hoping to get in-state tuition at a different school, but Iowa is probably next on my list! Will you be attending do you think?

Yay! Congratulations! Are you going to accept at Iowa? Or thinking somewhere else?
I have an interview with the University of Colorado next week which is my top choice for the instate tuition, but if that doesn't work out I'll be heading to Iowa!

I have an interview with the University of Colorado next week which is my top choice for the instate tuition, but if that doesn't work out I'll be heading to Iowa!
Best of luck with your interview!! :)