University of Iowa Interview

Started by redotable
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

redotable

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

Has anyone had an interview with University of Iowa yet? I just got an invitation for November 6th. Not sure when they started/start interviews?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nice! Do you have any insight for how it went? (format, etc.)
I apologize for just now seeing this. I really hope your interview went well! I'm curious to see how yours was because I have heard very mixed things from others who had an interview at Iowa. Mine was quite formal and they asked me a handful of relatively difficult questions, though they were not behavioral questions, really. I had been told beforehand that the Iowa interviews were very casual so I'm not sure how well I did since I didn't expect mine to be so formal. I heard from a lot of others that interviewed in this cycle that theirs were very casual and conversational.
 
I apologize for just now seeing this. I really hope your interview went well! I'm curious to see how yours was because I have heard very mixed things from others who had an interview at Iowa. Mine was quite formal and they asked me a handful of relatively difficult questions, though they were not behavioral questions, really. I had been told beforehand that the Iowa interviews were very casual so I'm not sure how well I did since I didn't expect mine to be so formal. I heard from a lot of others that interviewed in this cycle that theirs were very casual and conversational.
No worries! I actually ended up really enjoying my interview. Mine was definitely more casual and conversational. You must've gotten two of the more difficult faculty. Now that it's the end of November I'm hoping they'll start sending out decisions. I don't want to wait until January!
 
No worries! I actually ended up really enjoying my interview. Mine was definitely more casual and conversational. You must've gotten two of the more difficult faculty. Now that it's the end of November I'm hoping they'll start sending out decisions. I don't want to wait until January!
Me too! Is Iowa your top choice?