University of Kentucky Interview Helps

sstauffer7

ASDOH Class of 2017
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all I got an invite for an interview at the University of Kentucky College of Dentistry this month! I'm super excited and nervous at the same time. Has anyone been through this process? What can I expect? :)

Members don't see this ad.

It was really laid back. The interviewers were really friendly and so were the students!

One interview was open file and the other one was closed... The closed one had a lot more interview type questions - the other one was more like a discussion.

Just relax! It was a LOT more laid back than I thought it was going to be. It was a really good experience! They give you lots of info about the school, etc.

Good luck!

Awesome thanks for the info! What kind of questions did they ask ya? Are there any questions you remember them asking? What about any dexterity activities or tests?

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome thanks for the info! What kind of questions did they ask ya? Are there any questions you remember them asking? What about any dexterity activities or tests?

Just basic interview questions. Nothing that was too out of the ordinary. Why UK/dentistry... What do your peers/professors think of you... And then they asked me to explain a procedure I observed while shadowing.

Nothing about manual dexterity.
Really it was a LOT better and more relaxed than anticipated.

Okay awesome, thanks so much! Do you have the same screen name on predents.com? And if so, you've been accepted and are going to attend UK? Congrats if so!! By the way, how many people were interviewing the same day you were? -Sorry for all the questions, ha!

Okay awesome, thanks so much! Do you have the same screen name on predents.com? And if so, you've been accepted and are going to attend UK? Congrats if so!! By the way, how many people were interviewing the same day you were? -Sorry for all the questions, ha!

Yeah - my predents is the same.
I did get accepted! :) Starting in August.
(Hope to see you there!)

And there were about 7 of us, total.

Yeah - my predents is the same.
I did get accepted! :) Starting in August.
(Hope to see you there!)

And there were about 7 of us, total.

Hello everyone so I got an interview invitation for Kentucky College of Dentistry. can you please tell me more about their interview? I am also a non-resident applicant. I have 17AA and 21PAT and 3.7GPA can you please tell me what is my chances to get accepted after this interview.

Hello everyone so I got an interview invitation for Kentucky College of Dentistry. can you please tell me more about their interview? I am also a non-resident applicant. I have 17AA and 21PAT and 3.7GPA can you please tell me what is my chances to get accepted after this interview.
When is your interview?

Reactions: 1 user
I have not picked the day yet. there is a form that I am working on now. I have to submit that then pick the day!
have you went through this before could give me some tips and some advises.

When is your interview?
I have not picked the day yet. there is a form that I am working on now. I have to submit that then pick the day!
have you went through this before could give me some tips and some advises.
one of the questions that I have to answer is "What do you see as being the greatest challenge you will need to overcome as a dentist? How will you overcome this challenge? "