University of Mary-ND DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imt3001

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I got notified in about November to come to an interview at UMary in February. I am currently on the waitlist at a few other schools, but I want to do really well at this interview to hopefully get accepted. Does anyone have previous experience interviewing here that can offer us some advice??
Anything is much appreciated:)

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed with them online in November. It was conversational. Lasted 30 minutes and they asked the basic questions; why PT, why UMary, give an example of a time you disagreed with someone and how you resolved it. One that stuck out to me was instead of asking me about my weaknesses, they asked "what's something about yourself you wish you could change?" I thought it seemed like a pretty nice program based on the little bit they told me.

Hey! That’s awesome fingers crossed that you kill the interview! I went to the in person interview in November (First interview cycle they had). So overall I believe that it’s a great experience and I attended the in person interview as well even though I live halfway across the country and had to fly in! The day started out with a tour of the main campus led by a student ambassador of the school (not in the DPT program I believe he’s in the business school). We then had a lunch on main campus and then I ordered an Uber to make my way to the DPT campus which is about 10 minutes down the road or so. When we got to the DPT campus we were given our interview times along with who we were being interviewed by. Then we had an orientation which gave us a little bit more information on the program(this lasted about 1 hour or so). After the orientation we were able to talk to current students in the program from both the 3rd year and first year students. When it was our time to be interviewed the students brought each individual to the room. My interview was by a faculty member and an alumni of the school and they both took turns asking questions which were really simple like why Umary, a little bit about yourself , why PT, what would you do if you don't get accepted during this cycle (They really like an answer that consists of something like continuing education and strengthening your application flaws to re-apply the following cycle, don't say "I would go for OT because it's easier ") and stuff like that. The interview was really laid back and I felt that I was interviewing them as much as they were getting to know me! The students and the faculty are awesome so you have nothing to be scared about!! My interview lasted 30 minutes (each interview slot is 30 minutes)!! Overall, it’s a great experience and the best part is they tell you a decision really quick! I got an email in 2 days after my interview. If you have any other questions feel free to ask away! I was placed on the waitlist (Top 5) but turned down my spot because I was accepted to 4 programs closer to home so hopefully this opens a spot for someone else! I wish you all of the best!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! That’s awesome fingers crossed that you kill the interview! I went to the in person interview in November (First interview cycle they had). So overall I believe that it’s a great experience and I attended the in person interview as well even though I live halfway across the country and had to fly in! The day started out with a tour of the main campus led by a student ambassador of the school (not in the DPT program I believe he’s in the business school). We then had a lunch on main campus and then I ordered an Uber to make my way to the DPT campus which is about 10 minutes down the road or so. When we got to the DPT campus we were given our interview times along with who we were being interviewed by. Then we had an orientation which gave us a little bit more information on the program(this lasted about 1 hour or so). After the orientation we were able to talk to current students in the program from both the 3rd year and first year students. When it was our time to be interviewed the students brought each individual to the room. My interview was by a faculty member and an alumni of the school and they both took turns asking questions which were really simple like why Umary, a little bit about yourself , why PT, what would you do if you don't get accepted during this cycle (They really like an answer that consists of something like continuing education and strengthening your application flaws to re-apply the following cycle, don't say "I would go for OT because it's easier ") and stuff like that. The interview was really laid back and I felt that I was interviewing them as much as they were getting to know me! The students and the faculty are awesome so you have nothing to be scared about!! My interview lasted 30 minutes (each interview slot is 30 minutes)!! Overall, it’s a great experience and the best part is they tell you a decision really quick! I got an email in 2 days after my interview. If you have any other questions feel free to ask away! I was placed on the waitlist (Top 5) but turned down my spot because I was accepted to 4 programs closer to home so hopefully this opens a spot for someone else! I wish you all of the best!
Thank you so much for all the advice, this really helps me out. :) This program is decently close to where I am, and even though my stats aren't top-notch, they still offered me an interview and I think I can really show them why I belong there, as it seems like the questions are pretty straight-forward. I'll reach out if I have any further questions.
It also sounds like they're able to tell you your position on the waitlist if that's their decision, is that correct?

Thank you so much for all the advice, this really helps me out. :) This program is decently close to where I am, and even though my stats aren't top-notch, they still offered me an interview and I think I can really show them why I belong there, as it seems like the questions are pretty straight-forward. I'll reach out if I have any further questions.
It also sounds like they're able to tell you your position on the waitlist if that's their decision, is that correct?
You’re welcome! Yes they do provide you with an exact number on the waitlist. However, they do say that after each Skype interview and the second round of interviews they re-rank and you can go up/down a few spots but not drastically. Like mentioned, I am removing myself from the waitlist so I really hope this opens the door for another applicant! If you have any other questions please feel free to ask and I’ll try to answer them as best as I can. I wish you the best of luck!!