University of Maryland Baltimore 2017 DPT Waitlist Update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

colts531

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
On December 13, 2016 I was placed on the wait list for the University of Maryland Baltimore with a 3.86 GPA and about 140 outpatient hours and average GRE scores. I was wondering if anyone has been admitted or contacted yet from the wait list? Also if any accepted students would mind posting their stats for this year's class?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm still on the waitlist :(

Maybe spots will open up after the January 15 PTCAS deposit deadline

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted + am attending in May.

3.67 GPA, Average GRE's, 300-400 hours of mixed inpatient + outpatient experience as well as currently employed as PT tech at rehab hospital. IMO the interview is what set me apart.

Good luck! Hope to see you there!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi
On December 13, 2016 I was placed on the wait list for the University of Maryland Baltimore with a 3.86 GPA and about 140 outpatient hours and average GRE scores. I was wondering if anyone has been admitted or contacted yet from the wait list? Also if any accepted students would mind posting their stats for this year's class?

Hello,

I was accepted at UMB and will be attending in May. Here are my stats for those who are interested:

3.8 GPA
GRE: 156 Verbal 153 Quant
Observation: 150hr Inpatient 60hr Outpatient
Extra Curric: Research assistant and homeowner's association president
Marine Vet

I agree with timmsmithPT that the interview is what sealed the deal, as well as 8 yrs of military experience. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for a decision!

Thanks for posting everyone really apreciate it keep it coming. I feel like I did pretty well on the group interview, maybe I need to improve on that and definately get more inpatient and better variety of hours

Has anyone denied their spot at UMB or declined an acceptance?

I'm also on the waitlist for Maryland with a 3.75 gpa and average GRE scores. I feel your pain right now /:

Has anyone denied their spot at UMB or declined an acceptance?

I recently declined my acceptance. My stats were 3.74 cGPA, 310 GRE, 150 observation hours. Tough decision because I loved UMB's program! Best of luck to those of you on the waitlist!

Thanks for responding and posting. Yea UMB is a really great program, I feel like it is a lot of people's first choice and very few will decline a seat.

I was told that everyone that got an interview was put on the waitlist.

Just got an email saying the deposit for the accepted students was due today January 17. It also said that they will be reaching out to people on the wait list. So good luck everyone I hope we all get in.

I just did, too. Congrats! I'll be declining though so anybody who is still hopeful, don't give up!

Congratulations to you both!! Hopefully everyone gets a chance to attend some school. This forum is very encouraging.

I was just accepted to the program on Wednesday, but my acceptance email/letter didn't say what the start date was for the program! Does anyone know? I know it starts very early in the summer, but I also graduate undergrad very late compared to other schools so I'm a little worried.

I was just accepted to the program on Wednesday, but my acceptance email/letter didn't say what the start date was for the program! Does anyone know? I know it starts very early in the summer, but I also graduate undergrad very late compared to other schools so I'm a little worried.

May 30th we start

Hey guys so I was just accepted off the waitlist and am super excited!!! For any out of staters do you know approximately how much the tuition is and do you know if we can apply for in state for the 2nd and 3rd year??? Also I can't find the academic calendar of when we start and end each semester or when we have breaks so if anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated, thanks!!

Hey guys so I was just accepted off the waitlist and am super excited!!! For any out of staters do you know approximately how much the tuition is and do you know if we can apply for in state for the 2nd and 3rd year??? Also I can't find the academic calendar of when we start and end each semester or when we have breaks so if anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated, thanks!!
Hi, congrats!!! Out of state is somewhere around 1100 a credit. Which comes out to like 120,000 for three years without living expenses/other fees. You can apply for in state tuition after you've had Maryland residency for a full year. But in order to get residency you have to have lived in MD for a certain period of time, have a job, a MD address, etc. I looked into this and ultimately decided not to go because I'm out of state. If you call the financial aid office at the school they'll talk you through your options though- they were super helpful!! Good luck :)

I accepted at UMB and I am an out of stater. I emailed a girl who is currently a second year at UMB and she said that everyone in her class who has tried to get residency was able to get it for either the second year summer or the second year fall. There is a process to go through (license, car registry, address, voter registration) and then they like to see community involvement (a job/community service). So, it is definitely doable but takes some work.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, congrats!!! Out of state is somewhere around 1100 a credit. Which comes out to like 120,000 for three years without living expenses/other fees. You can apply for in state tuition after you've had Maryland residency for a full year. But in order to get residency you have to have lived in MD for a certain period of time, have a job, a MD address, etc. I looked into this and ultimately decided not to go because I'm out of state. If you call the financial aid office at the school they'll talk you through your options though- they were super helpful!! Good luck :)
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!!

I accepted at UMB and I am an out of stater. I emailed a girl who is currently a second year at UMB and she said that everyone in her class who has tried to get residency was able to get it for either the second year summer or the second year fall. There is a process to go through (license, car registry, address, voter registration) and then they like to see community involvement (a job/community service). So, it is definitely doable but takes some work.
okay cool thanks so much!!!