University of Memphis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blue Suede Rain

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any University of Memphis Au.D. students on this forum? Any current? Any future?

I will be attending starting this Fall 2011. I attended the Open House April 1st and just thought I would see if I by chance met anyone out here.

Also, I live in the Memphis area, attended part of my undergrad here, and have worked for the University of Memphis as an employee for several years. So, if anyone has any questions regarding the area or the school, let me know. I'll be glad to see if I can help!

Members don't see this ad.

Are there any University of Memphis Au.D. students on this forum? Any current? Any future?

I will be attending starting this Fall 2011. I attended the Open House April 1st and just thought I would see if I by chance met anyone out here.

Also, I live in the Memphis area, attended part of my undergrad here, and have worked for the University of Memphis as an employee for several years. So, if anyone has any questions regarding the area or the school, let me know. I'll be glad to see if I can help!

Hey, Nice to meet you! I'm a current 1st year at UofM. I missed the open house though, so we haven't met yet, but we will. You guys are going to have a massive class! The last count I heard was 13. Go Tigers! And don't get washed away in the floods.

Hey there! I will be a 1st year AuD student at U of Memphis too! I've been wanting to get in touch with people who will be attending, but I haven't had any luck.

I'm from Memphis, too! Went to high school there, as well as college. Now, I'm currently living in Australia, but I will be back in the next 2 months. I missed the Open House, so I am reeeally out of the loop. Have you been told when to enroll/have you paid a deposit? I've tried calling, but with the 15 hour time difference & full-time work, it's difficult to catch anyone during office hours.

I'd love to get together once I return!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, Nice to meet you! I'm a current 1st year at UofM. I missed the open house though, so we haven't met yet, but we will. You guys are going to have a massive class! The last count I heard was 13. Go Tigers! And don't get washed away in the floods.

Thanks! Wow...13...that is going to be a massive class! Fortunately, I live far enough away from the flooding. It's crazy how it's affecting Mud Island! To think, I was looking at relocating downtown. I think I might stay put. :)

See you in August!

Hey there! I will be a 1st year AuD student at U of Memphis too! I've been wanting to get in touch with people who will be attending, but I haven't had any luck.

I'm from Memphis, too! Went to high school there, as well as college. Now, I'm currently living in Australia, but I will be back in the next 2 months. I missed the Open House, so I am reeeally out of the loop. Have you been told when to enroll/have you paid a deposit? I've tried calling, but with the 15 hour time difference & full-time work, it's difficult to catch anyone during office hours.

I'd love to get together once I return!

Good Morning (or evening in your case!), MC151. What high school and college did you attend? Australia, wow! To think I was excited about living in various parts of the country.

Don't worry, you did not miss too terrible much at Open House. While it was quite informative, a lot of the info was more applicable to those from out of town. If you'd like, send me a private convo and I can do a play by play from my memory of Open House.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that we don't enroll until August with our advisors. There are not any deposits due, just make sure you pay attention to the Bursar deadlines http://bf.memphis.edu/finance/bursar/feepayment.php

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I work at the University of Memphis, different department, but not as far as Australia! :)

Thanks! Wow...13...that is going to be a massive class! Fortunately, I live far enough away from the flooding. It's crazy how it's affecting Mud Island! To think, I was looking at relocating downtown. I think I might stay put. :)

See you in August!
If you're looking at moving, Mud Island is pretty popular with the speech students, not as much with the AuDs. It seems Midtown is a pretty ideal location as it lets you be close to both downtown for classes and also the East location where most of your on campus clinic will be. Also, I was talking with Dr. Taylor yesterday and 13 is going to be the magic number!

If you're looking at moving, Mud Island is pretty popular with the speech students, not as much with the AuDs. It seems Midtown is a pretty ideal location as it lets you be close to both downtown for classes and also the East location where most of your on campus clinic will be. Also, I was talking with Dr. Taylor yesterday and 13 is going to be the magic number!

How many are in your class? If I remember correctly, it seemed 8-10 is the norm. (?) I live within walking distance of Main Campus and South Campus (not that I would walk to South Campus necessarily). I have also enjoyed living in midtown prior, but as long as I am university based I won't live further out in the suburbs and fight traffic again.

Last edited:
Close to south campus won't be too bad. We actually aren't on main campus hardly at all, just the stats class during year 2. My class has 6 right now, we had 7 but one had to stop after the first semester for some personal reasons and will hopefully be back in the fall. The new 3rd years has 7 I think.