University of Michigan-Flint

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amanda23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. New user here.

I am lucky and have gotten a few offers on DPT schools.. Midwestern University (IL), Mount Saint Marys (CA), University of Michigan-Flint, and Oakland University (MI). I am leaning towards UM-Flint based on costs (I live in MI). I just don't know much about UM's rep except they have a decent pass rate (last year 98%). Does it really matter what school you go to? The downside of UM-Flint is living in Flint and the fact that the school is not well known for being a great PT school. Does it matter? I don't see the point of shelling out way more money (tuition and cost of living) if it doesn't matter. I was hoping someone could help me out. =)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Amanda, it doesn't matter, as long as they are accredited. I actually have the same question but for another school that lost it's accreditaion and just got it back recently. Has UM-Flint ever lost accreditation?

I turned down their acceptance because of it's downside, that it's in Flint. But it would be a good choice if I was an MI resident (low tuition), and pass rates.

Hi Amanda, it doesn't matter, as long as they are accredited. I actually have the same question but for another school that lost it's accreditaion and just got it back recently. Has UM-Flint ever lost accreditation?

I turned down their acceptance because of it's downside, that it's in Flint. But it would be a good choice if I was an MI resident (low tuition), and pass rates.

Biz,

Proceed with caution. When I was managing a clinic, there was a local program who had recently been put on probationary status by CAPTE. This, combined with the fact that several of their students were horribly prepared for their clinicals, caused me and my fellow managers to be very apprehensive about hiring any of their new graduates.

Amanda,

Generally jbizzle is right. It rarely matters where one attends PT school except in extremely unusual circumstances such as what I outlined above.