University of Minnesota DPT Accepted/Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ActiveLyfe

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I recently was notified that I was put on the waitlist at the U of M DPT program. Extremely anxious as this program is one of my top. Starting this thread to see if others got accepted or are waitlisted. Please comment!!!
 
Hello,

I recently was notified that I was put on the waitlist at the U of M DPT program. Extremely anxious as this program is one of my top. Starting this thread to see if others got accepted or are waitlisted. Please comment!!!

U of M is done by rolling admissions and when I submitted my application back in October, they had already sent out their acceptances to the final spots by then. I was placed on their alternate list because the class was already full. I know in the spring Liz said they can have people move and change their minds and because of rolling admissions their list is always changing so you really never know. Not sure if any have been picked up since then but I havent heard anything since then.
 
U of M is done by rolling admissions and when I submitted my application back in October, they had already sent out their acceptances to the final spots by then. I was placed on their alternate list because the class was already full. I know in the spring Liz said they can have people move and change their minds and because of rolling admissions their list is always changing so you really never know. Not sure if any have been picked up since then but I havent heard anything since then.

Hey wakid324!

How do you know that they sent out their final acceptances back then? Also, did Liz give you an idea of specifically when people start dropping? I mean you talking early spring or late summer?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After I got the email, I called Liz to ask about how it has worked in the past. She told me that they sent out their final two emails about two weeks before I called for the last two spots that were open. She said in March was when in previous years they started to see movement begin but also that it could happen very late in the game too.
 
Congratulations! Best of luck and am glad it worked out for you!
 
I am on the alternate list as well. Still holding out hope, I was also wait-listed at ETSU, MCPHS, MUSC, and UW-Milwaukee...all but ETSU and Minnesota have closed their lists.
 
I am on the alternate list as well. Still holding out hope, I was also wait-listed at ETSU, MCPHS, MUSC, and UW-Milwaukee...all but ETSU and Minnesota have closed their lists.

Yeah they keep it open till the class starts in July so there is always a hope. Best of luck and hopefully it works somewhere.