University of Minnesota Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Barton

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I just got my first interview! I was reading through the secondary that U of M sent me, and it said that as soon as I had sent my secondary, I should call to schedule an interview. Not believing I was understanding this correctly, I called, and they told me to schedule one!! I didn't have my planner, but I'm calling back to schedule one tomorrow!! WOOHOO!! Apparently all in-state applicants who make it past first screening gat interviews, but they also admit almost 50% of interviewed applicants!!! In case anyone cares, here are my stats, etc.

Overall GPA: 3.35
Science GPA: 3.07
MCAT: 35 (11, 12, p, 12)
State Resident
Went to large public university undergrad
AMCAS submitted: 6/23
AMCAS verified: 8/7 ???
U of M Secondary Received: 8/23

So that's that. See folks, kids with a crappy GPA and a dream can get interviews!!

Members don't see this ad.

That's great, Barton!!!

I've read your other posts, and it seems like we applied to a lot of the same schools, but I seem to be about two weeks behind you as far as when I get secondaries, etc. I got the U of MN letter asking for a paper app (I submitted 7/7 and haven't been processed), and I sent it to them August 27. No secondary yet, but you give me hope! We have similar stats (high MCAT, low GPA), so I hope I'll make their cut-off, too.

Congrats again, and way to rock that MCAT!