University of New Mexico?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jwright76

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a New Mexico resident, and I have recently been accepted to an out of state school. Assuming I get accepted at UNM, I will have a tough decision to make: go to my state school, with whom I was not real impressed when I interviewed, or go to the out of state school. If there are any students currently at the med school at UNM on this forum, I would greatly appreciate their honest opinion about the school. I would hate to make a hasty decision based solely upon a bad interview experience.

Members don't see this ad.

Try contacting former and current students via email. Thats one of the things I did when I was trying to decide where I wanted to go. The office of student affairs might maintain a list of students and alumni that have expressed interest in aswering questions about the school. I've also had people approach me in the library/halls/etc... to ask me for honest impressions of my school. I didn't mind talking to them. If you happen to stop someone who isn't interested in answering your questions, they'll let you know...just hopre they're not carrying pepper spray. ;)