1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

University of New Mexico?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by jwright76, Jan 21, 2002.

1. jwright76

jwright76 Member
    7+ Year Member

I am a New Mexico resident, and I have recently been accepted to an out of state school. Assuming I get accepted at UNM, I will have a tough decision to make: go to my state school, with whom I was not real impressed when I interviewed, or go to the out of state school. If there are any students currently at the med school at UNM on this forum, I would greatly appreciate their honest opinion about the school. I would hate to make a hasty decision based solely upon a bad interview experience.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tonem

tonem Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

Try contacting former and current students via email. Thats one of the things I did when I was trying to decide where I wanted to go. The office of student affairs might maintain a list of students and alumni that have expressed interest in aswering questions about the school. I've also had people approach me in the library/halls/etc... to ask me for honest impressions of my school. I didn't mind talking to them. If you happen to stop someone who isn't interested in answering your questions, they'll let you know...just hopre they're not carrying pepper spray. ;)