You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
University of North Florida?
Started by Nck03
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ya they called me about 3 weeks ago to say i got in. then sent the letter within 2 days. i would try calling Dr. Moore, he's the one who I dealt with and he got back to me right away. Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know about the program at UNF? I applied there because the tuition was one of the cheapest in the state but I really don't know anything about the program. The main thing that caught my eye is that the 3-year graduation rate for the program is 80%. This is the lowest number I have seen out of all the DPT programs in Florida.
Is there anyone in the program that can shed some light on this program?
Thanks!
Is there anyone in the program that can shed some light on this program?
Thanks!
Well, I graduated from UNF's Athletic Training program. We shared the same building and class rooms with many of the Physical therapy students. The majority of the PT students that I spoke to all seemed to like the program. Also, one of the anatomy professors, Dr. Cummings guest lectured in our Gross Anatomy class. He was awesome and definitely knew his stuff! Also, I did my volunteer hours at 2 of the DPT rotational sites that UNF uses, Wolfson Childrens hospital and Baptist South. Both, sites were awesome and all the physical therapists were great. On the other hand, I do know that the DPT program did have some trouble when it oringally converted over from an MPT. I'm not sure what year, but I know they didnt have an incoming class. Since then, all the kinks and problems have been alleviated.. and all of the DPT students that I have talked to seem more pretty happy with the program.
As far as UNF goes, the campus is pretty nice and very low profile( its very relaxed, not much chaos). The parking garage for the health department(DPT) is attached to where your class rooms are, so its its literally a 20 second walk from class to your car.
The area surrounding UNF is great... its all new, for the most part.. There is a huge awesome shopping plaza called the St Johns Town Center, which has everything from PF Changs to Publix to Lacoste... Urban outfitters... True religion. The mall is Literally GINORMOUS!. Also, The beach is 10-15 min from the campus which is great. There are many great bars and hang outs on the weekends, the Ritz and Brix are pretty are probably the most popular).
I would have applied to UNFs DPT program...but I wanted something new and fresh. I didn't want to spend 5 years in the same building and class rooms. Aside from that, I would definitely recommend UNF.
I hope this helps.?
As far as UNF goes, the campus is pretty nice and very low profile( its very relaxed, not much chaos). The parking garage for the health department(DPT) is attached to where your class rooms are, so its its literally a 20 second walk from class to your car.
The area surrounding UNF is great... its all new, for the most part.. There is a huge awesome shopping plaza called the St Johns Town Center, which has everything from PF Changs to Publix to Lacoste... Urban outfitters... True religion. The mall is Literally GINORMOUS!. Also, The beach is 10-15 min from the campus which is great. There are many great bars and hang outs on the weekends, the Ritz and Brix are pretty are probably the most popular).
I would have applied to UNFs DPT program...but I wanted something new and fresh. I didn't want to spend 5 years in the same building and class rooms. Aside from that, I would definitely recommend UNF.
I hope this helps.?
Thanks for the info on UNF Hector! I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I just found out that I was waitlisted at UNF. I might be forced to accept an offer from another school that requires my decision by this Friday. I wish I could have gone to UNF mainly because the tuition is a bit cheaper.
I got rejected by UNF, but interviewed and wait listed by UMiami.
Go figure.
Go figure.
I called UNF and they told me they had a ton of applicants this year. I was waitlisted by UNF, accepted by FGCU and UCF, and rejected by UF.
Here is a reminder, Thanks!
Hello all,
I have been moving an abundance of threads from this forum to the Pre-PT forum. I totally understand that as acceptances roll in and you need to decide where to go for school, you want opinions from your peers. Or, if you know where you're going, you want to find other people going to the same school. That's definitely fine to post, but please do so in the Pre-PT forum.
Just a reminder: The Pre-PT forum is for anything pertaining to choosing PT schools, gathering info about schools (including "who is going to be at ________ in fall 2012?" or "who has heard from _______" threads), questions about prereqs, applications, interviews, etc.
The DPT forum should be focused on issues related to current students and practicing professionals (news, health care reform, insurance issues, anecdotes, treatment innovations, advice for PT classes, etc.).
Everyone is obviously welcome to read and post anywhere in this forum, as long as it is on topic to the section. Please keep anything pertaining to the application process in the Pre-PT section so that the major issues threads in this forum don't get lost.
Thanks! And if you have any questions or concerns, just let me know!
DancerFutureDPT
This is a super old thread, which is why it's still in the PT forum (when the new forum was created I only went back to the beginning of 2011 to move threads). As these reappear I'll move them to the Pre-PT forum.
I do appreciate that the people who are bringing these back to life are searching for older threads on the topic rather than creating duplicate threads, though, so thanks to the members for that 🙂
I do appreciate that the people who are bringing these back to life are searching for older threads on the topic rather than creating duplicate threads, though, so thanks to the members for that 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K