University of Oklahoma COD Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: ***The Official University of Oklahoma COD Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone on here heard anything back from OU COD besides the “your application has been received” email?

Has anyone on here heard anything back from OU COD besides the “your application has been received” email?
In the past, the earliest you would have heard anything is usually the beginning to middle of September. However, Covid has put a crimp in how things are usually done. Don’t get concerned about not hearing anything until the beginning of October.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they Waive the application fee, if you have been qualified for the FAP?

In the past, the earliest you would have heard anything is usually the beginning to middle of September. However, Covid has put a crimp in how things are usually done. Don’t get concerned about not hearing anything until the beginning of October.
That is good to know! Thank you for the info!!

Interview # 3
School:
OU COD
Notification date: 09/16
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: June 22
Application complete date: August 6
GPA (science, overall): 3.74, 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/22/22/30/None
Interview date: 09/26
Method of interview: Virtual

Does OU send a confirmation email that my application is complete or under review? I have not received anything besides an automated email when I submitted the secondary. Also my status on aadsas says "none"

Does OU send a confirmation email that my application is complete or under review? I have not received anything besides an automated email when I submitted the secondary. Also my status on aadsas says "none"
Yes they do send an email. Mine says received.

Anyone heard news of a second round of interviews? Heidi confirmed to me there will be exactly 4 interview dates.

Awfully quite here !!! Any invites from OU to anybody??

Received an interview invite!

Notification date: 10/05
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: July 30
Application complete date: August 11
GPA (overall, Science): 3.82, 3.72
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/22/25/None
Interview date: 10/17

Interviewed last week. It was a wonderful experience! It wasn't an intimidating set-up and everyone was really kind.

DAT 28 GPA 3.98/3.98

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! Any interview or correspondence from OU recently?

Received an interview invitation yesterday at 5:15 PM. Interview date is 10-17.

Notification date: 10/10
Residency: IS
GPA (Overall, Science): 3.59, 3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/23/21/QR (1st 18, 2nd 16)
Interview date: 10/17

Interviewed last week. It was a wonderful experience! It wasn't an intimidating set-up and everyone was really kind.

DAT 28 GPA 3.98/3.98
Wow !!! With those stats you will get in Harvard and Ivy league...

DAT 28 GPA 3.98/3.98
I'm glad you had a good experience. If you don't mind me asking, are you an IS or OS? Your DAT score and GPA are very high, good job with the hustle and hard work. I'm sure you will be rewarded for your efforts.

I'm glad you had a good experience. If you don't mind me asking, are you an IS or OS? Your DAT score and GPA are very high, good job with the hustle and hard work. I'm sure you will be rewarded for your efforts.

Out of State!

forgot to post this..
Interview #1
School: OUCOD
Notification Date: 09/16
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: Oklahoma
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/010
Application complete date: 07/20
GPA (science, overall): 3.844, 3.77
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/22/18/none
Dates of Interview: 9/26

Last edited:

DAT 28 GPA 3.98/3.98
That is an exceptional DAT score !!! If I may ask, how did you prepare for DAT?, Looking for guidance... Thanks in advance.

Has Oklahoma finished sending all it’s pretty December interviews

I heard they were only doing four rounds. So if they've done them weekly from the first round (9/26), then they might be done. I could be wrong though, so don't quote me on that.

I heard they were only doing four rounds. So if they've done them weekly from the first round (9/26), then they might be done. I could be wrong though, so don't quote me on that.
Good lookin out! That makes sense, I appreciate it.

So far OU has done 2 rounds of interviews. I'm not sure if they have given out all the interview invites yet or not. Usually the last interview has been the first weekend of November.

Reactions: 1 users
So far OU has done 2 rounds of interviews. I'm not sure if they have given out all the interview invites yet or not. Usually the last interview has been the first weekend of November.
I appreciate the help!!

That is an exceptional DAT score !!! If I may ask, how did you prepare for DAT?, Looking for guidance... Thanks in advance.

Went super hard on Dat Bootcamp! General overview of the material and basic DAT bootcamp classes for around 2 months (while I was still in school) for 2-3 hours a day. Then I took just over two weeks prior to the test and went HAM with taking half of a practice test every single day, reviewing it the next day and making sure I understood why every question was right and why every wrong answer was wrong, and spending 8 additional hours nailing down material. Worked for me!

Just received an interview invite on Monday for anyone wondering!

Interview #5
School:
OU
Notification date: 10/26/2020
Residency: Texas
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/17
GPA (overall, science): 3.48, 3.22
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/26/23/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/31
Method of Interview: Virtual

Last edited:
Just received an interview invite on Monday for anyone wondering!

Interview #5
School:
OU
Notification date: 10/26/2020
Residency: Texas
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/17
GPA (overall, science): 3.48, 3.22
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/26/23/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/31
Method of Interview: Virtual
what time of day (am or pm) did you receive the notification email that you have an interview?

I just had an interview today and Heidi said they are doing the last round of interviews next week I believe.

I interviewed on 9/26, and during the interview they mentioned they were finishing up creating a virtual tour. I was just wondering if anybody had heard anything more about this, or if there were any updates in the more recent interviews, because I'd love to see it! I tried the OUCOD website but didn't have much luck. Thanks!

I interviewed on 9/26, and during the interview they mentioned they were finishing up creating a virtual tour. I was just wondering if anybody had heard anything more about this, or if there were any updates in the more recent interviews, because I'd love to see it! I tried the OUCOD website but didn't have much luck. Thanks!
Did you ever find the video?

Weird that its taking this long this year! I feel like people knew by now if they got in.. and waitlist emails got sent out later

12:01 PM waitlisted. Email said that the second round of acceptances will be sent the second week of January.

I just created a GroupMe for our class. Message me if you want to join!

Reactions: 2 users
Turned down my spot today. Hopefully one of you fine Oklahomans get it. Loved the vibe of the school!

Has anyone received an email today for the updated status of the waitlist?

I also haven't heard anything from anyone, I know a few people on the wait-list.