University of Oklahoma PT Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jessjlstar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My better half wants to become a PT with the hopes of attending the OU Health Sciences Center. I just wanted to know your stats and whether or not you were accepted, since I'm going the OT route and need more information. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm thinking about applying there, but I'm not going to focus on it until my entire PTCAS application is all said and done. Good luck though.

I applied last year and was denied. My stats were low
3.49 (cumulative) 2.89 (science) 3.69 (last 60)
GRE: 144 (V) 143 (Q) 3.0 (AW)
Lots of extra-curricular and 2000+ outpatient hrs as a tech

I've taken some more classes since then and working on getting some more observation hrs in a different setting. I'm retaking the GRE in a couple weeks too. I'll be applying to OU again this year in addition to some other programs for the first time.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a word of advice on OU: they literally only look at your pre-req GPA and your GRE scored. They figure these together and rank the applicants and take whoever falls within their specified class size. I am an Oklahoma resident and was denied because my undergrad GPA was "average"... They told me they could not consider my master's degree (3.94 GPA in a related field) because the classes were not listed pre-reqs. Not do they consider other accomplishments (such as being published in a peer-reviewed journal) or clinical experience. I was told by the admissions committee to not bother reapplying because my pre-req GPA "would never be high enough unless the competition of the applicants decreased significantly." Also important to know that they do not take into consideration WHERE you took your pre-reqs and that if you elect to retake them OU will average your scores and not simply take the higher of the 2.

Anyway I'll get off my soapbox... But all I'm saying is definitely look elsewhere in addition to OU. I was rejected by them but accepted to 3 schools in the top 20 (if you buy into rankings... Probably not all that important really).