University of Pitt Interview 11/21/05

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virginiabeach

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone staying at the Holiday Inn University Center the night before the interview on Nov. 21st. If so, how are you getting to Pitt that morning? It says on the agenda that the hotel is within walking distance. Call me lazy, but im not trying to walk a mile in the cold before my interview. Let me know what you guys are doing. Also, how is everyone getting from the airport to the hotel?

Members don't see this ad.

according to google maps, the holiday inn is less than 1,000 feet from campus (but it might be further to the actual building). i'm just going to take a cab from the airport (i'd offer to split, but you're a week ahead of me haha). maybe there is a subway or light rail?

good luck at your interview!

virginiabeach said:
Is anyone staying at the Holiday Inn University Center the night before the interview on Nov. 21st. If so, how are you getting to Pitt that morning? It says on the agenda that the hotel is within walking distance. Call me lazy, but im not trying to walk a mile in the cold before my interview. Let me know what you guys are doing. Also, how is everyone getting from the airport to the hotel?

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for my Oct.31 interview. Believe me it's really close, took me like 5 mins to walk. But it wasn't that cold in the morning. A lot of people stay at the Holiday Inn. I think a few people on my day called some service from the hotel to drop them off. Plus,Holiday Inn has transport to the dental school too, but I think it's scheduled too early before the interview time, doesn't fit. So, me and a few others just walked to school. It was not bad at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I have the same interview date, I'm staying at the Holiday Day Inn as well. The info they sent said there's a shuttle from the hotel to the school. I've heard the walk is up a hill and according to the weather channel, it's supposed to be raining on Monday. :( I'm planning on using Sunday to go to the school and make sure I know where to go on Monday. There's also a shuttle from the airport to the hotel (I don't know if it's drops off directly by the hotel or a general area near it) that costs $3 each way.

P.S It's 1:30 pm right now and the feel like temp is 31!! Not too cool since I"m coming from FL. :D

Holiday Inn University Center has a free shuttle service to and from the dental school. Just ask at the front desk. I stayed there for my Oct 31st interview and also used the free shuttle to the dental school.