Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

University of Pitt questions... how many interviewed? MPH?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kreno, Sep 19, 2002.

1. kreno

kreno Candy Man
    7+ Year Member

How many people are interviewed at Pitt and how many are ultimately accepted? Anyone from last year get one of their interview invites w/o completing their secondary?

Also, does PITT have an MD/MPH program? It says in some places it does, but at their website I couldn't find anything. Anyone know?

thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Subscribe to USNews, Best Graduate Schools...it will show you the light... So many statistics...

-RA

4. owen_osh

owen_osh Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

<TABLE BORDER="1" CELLPADDING="4" CELLSPACING="0">
    <TR>
    <TD><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica">__</FONT></TD>
    <TD ALIGN="center"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica">__Applied__</FONT></TD>
    <TD ALIGN="center"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica">__Interviewed__</FONT></TD>
    <TD ALIGN="center"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica">__Accepted__</FONT></TD>
    <TD ALIGN="center"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica">__Enrolled__</FONT></TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD ALIGN="right"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica">Total:</FONT></TD>
    <TD ALIGN="right"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica"><B> 4,653</B></FONT></TD>
    <TD ALIGN="right"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica"><B> 801</B></FONT></TD>
    <TD ALIGN="right"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica"><B> 418</B></FONT></TD>
    <TD ALIGN="right"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica"><B> 147</B></FONT></TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD ALIGN="right"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica">In state:</FONT></TD>
    <TD ALIGN="right"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica"><B> 797</B></FONT></TD>
    <TD ALIGN="right"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica"><B> 185</B></FONT></TD>
    <TD ALIGN="right"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica"><B> 127</B></FONT></TD>
    <TD ALIGN="right"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica"><B> 60</B></FONT></TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD ALIGN="right"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica">Out of state:</FONT></TD>
    <TD ALIGN="right"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica"><B> 3,856</B></FONT></TD>
    <TD ALIGN="right"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica"><B> 616</B></FONT></TD>
    <TD ALIGN="right"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica"><B> 291</B></FONT></TD>
    <TD ALIGN="right"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica"><B> 87</B></FONT></TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD ALIGN="right"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica">Women:</FONT></TD>
    <TD ALIGN="right"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica"><B> 2,138</B></FONT></TD>
    <TD ALIGN="right"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica"><B> 386</B></FONT></TD>
    <TD ALIGN="right"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica"><B> 207</B></FONT></TD>
    <TD ALIGN="right"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica"><B> 72</B></FONT></TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD ALIGN="right"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica">Minorities:</FONT></TD>
    <TD ALIGN="right"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica"><B> 1,753</B></FONT></TD>
    <TD ALIGN="right"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica"><B> 264</B></FONT></TD>
    <TD ALIGN="right"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica"><B> 131</B></FONT></TD>
    <TD ALIGN="right"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica"><B> 49</B></FONT></TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD ALIGN="right"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica">International:</FONT></TD>
    <TD ALIGN="right"><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="Arial,Helvetica"><B> 0</B></FONT></TD>
    </TR>

</TABLE><BR>

Acceptance rate: <B>9.0%</B>

5. owen_osh

owen_osh Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I also heard that the no secondary/early interview invite was sent to 100 people.

6. kreno

kreno Candy Man
    7+ Year Member

100 people only? who'd you hear that from? legit source?

Anyone know of their duel MD/MPH program? Does it still exist?

7. owen_osh

owen_osh Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

The Director of Admissions and Financial Aid told me.

8. USeF

USeF sunny L.A.
    10+ Year Member

what's up, my applicant friends?
    I checked MD/MPH last year and received MD/PhD mailings and application from both them and Cornell. It may have been part of the AMCAS problem, but Pitt admissions people said I should just change to straight MD, which I did for every school at that point.

9. xaelia

xaelia neenlet
    Physician Faculty 10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Attending Physician
    Whoa, those are highly detailed numbers; is that what you get from the online subscription to the US News stuff?

10. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Yeah. USNews has so much data, and pretty detailed like you mentioned. I guess the only thing it's missing that people commonly ask around here is how many people get secondaries...

-RA

11. mophead

mophead Member
    10+ Year Member

You can do an MPH at Pitt's graduate school of public health. I attended an info session last year about it and I believe there are two programs, one in which you take a year off to do a regular MPH, and one in which you focus on occupational health. I think the latter one they somehow manage to fit into the four years (or maybe it's part of residency....)

Julie
    class of 2005