University of Puerto Rico School of Dental Medicine Interview Next Week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dstu2011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any programs that can teach me spanish in a week?

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't look where the school is but if it is San Juan, go to Raices in Old San Juan and eat there. This is the place they did Man Vs Food and my husband had the meal they serve and loved it. I just had the steak mofongo with chimichurri mmmmmm

Members don't see this ad :)
I am curious what attracted you to apply to UPR? Very little is found in this forum regarding Puerto Rico. I will be applying to schools next year, and among them will be UPR. Can you let me know how your interview goes? I'm curious to see how students are and what kind atmosphere the interview is conducted in. Hope you do amazing the best of luck!!!

I didn't look where the school is but if it is San Juan, go to Raices in Old San Juan and eat there. This is the place they did Man Vs Food and my husband had the meal they serve and loved it. I just had the steak mofongo with chimichurri mmmmmm

I can confirm that Raices is amazing. I had the chicken mofongo while there. However, I did get sick later in the day, so you might want to be careful :)

Last edited:
Where are you from? I applied there late (in early Nov) and havnt heard anything yet. I teach Spanish lessons in Chicago. If you live here let me know, I can hook you up! Although you may be SOL since i heard the interview is bilingual... buena suerte

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the insight into the UPR interview process. I have an interview at UPR in January, and feel pretty good about my Spanish-speaking ability.

Did you put together a portfolio for your interview? And if so, what types of things did you consider important?

Thanks again for your help!

also, DentalMed, could you tell us more about your experience there as a non Puerto Rican (i am assuming your from the mainland)? how do you like it? whats your opinion of the school? I heard it is excellent. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

Had something posted, but was on the wrong side, sorry! lol

Hello:

I have questions about UPR. Is the pool of patients larger enough to get an extensive experience? Are the lectures in English or Spanish?