University of Qld

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

super_fly

~ Lost in translation ~
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to UQ in Feb 2007, to do the Bachelor of Physiotherapy program that they offer. I just wanted to know what people thought about the campus/school/etc? Any insight would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

super_fly said:
I am going to UQ in Feb 2007, to do the Bachelor of Physiotherapy program that they offer. I just wanted to know what people thought about the campus/school/etc? Any insight would be great!

The campus is fairly nice if you are at St. Lucia. Most of the buildings have that old stone look which is nice. The campus grounds are ok too. It is kind of in its own little area in the city and there isn't much to do around the campus either than a golf course and a little strip called the Ville for eating.

One thing that will be a dissappointment for you is the gym. One of my high schools had a better gym than UQ. The weight room area isn't even airconditioned. I can't believe they have the audacity to charge students to use those facilities. When I did my undergrad back in Canada the gym was included as part of the student fees. There were 2 of them and both were 2x the size of the UQ gym. The only thing that may make up for it's crappyness would be the fact that there is an outdoor pool if swimming is an interest.

If you are a cyclist, Brisbane really sucks. The bike paths are disjointed and not continuous and the roads are not designed for riders. I have had a few close experiences here. I ended up moving so I could go along the riverside bike trail but I was going to PA hosp by then.

I am not sure what the faculty of physiotherapy is like to deal with.

a non-airconditioned gym?? thats just evil!

Members don't see this ad :)
any insight on the dorms/colleges? I'll be 20 when i start..how old are people in residence, usually?

when did you apply? I can't believe they told you whether you were accepted or rejected already especially when it's only July! They sure are fast.

ya it was a quick response time. I think they do it on a "rolling admission" kind of thing. I applied late may/early june..i believe they recieved my application on june 5th. I recieved a response on june 16th.

super_fly said:
ya it was a quick response time. I think they do it on a "rolling admission" kind of thing. I applied late may/early june..i believe they recieved my application on june 5th. I recieved a response on june 16th.

hey dude, what were your grades like? did you go to university for two years and then applied? I checked the UQ admissions requirement for the physiotherapy program and for Canadians I think you needed a 98% last year of high school. I applied to the dental program middle of june and they received my app last a week ago. I'm just wondering if those numbers on their website is used as a cutoff.

i did do 2 years of university here before i applied there..but my marks weren't that amazing (ie. i didnt get 90%'s in all my courses). My highschool average was about 86%..so i don't think that those cutoffs are followed that closely

super_fly said:
i did do 2 years of university here before i applied there..but my marks weren't that amazing (ie. i didnt get 90%'s in all my courses). My highschool average was about 86%..so i don't think that those cutoffs are followed that closely

thanks man. hope to see you there in january. good luck!

thats ms.man, thank you very much :p and ya, good luck!