University of St Augustine Flex DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KBPT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

So I've had quite a journey. 2 weeks ago I had found out about St Augustine's Flex program and noticed they are accepting students for the Fall 2017 Flex program in Austin.

I frantically applied and got everything in within a week's timeframe. 6 hours after I submitted my application on 7/26, I received an email for an invitation to an interview on 7/28. The interview was via skype so I immediately accepted and it went very well!

Now the wait begins...because the class starts on august 31st they said I would hear back by the end of next week. After reading literally every single thread about St Augustine, I noticed it is a pretty good sign that you will be accepted if you get an interview?

What are everyone's thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the same boat. However I was a previous applicant and they asked if I wanted to apply for the fall. I was planning on attending next fall! I am NOT complaining though. Yes, I interviewed last week and thought it went great. The interviewer was extremely nice and felt really welcoming. It did help that my interview partner was really awesome too and shared like minded goals and views on PT. It made the interview very upbeat and more conversational.

I am waiting too! It is a lot to get ready in a short amount of time. I am worried about it being so quick, I hope I can take their pre-anatomy class, I do not know if they still offer it!

GOOD Luck! hopefully we will be classmates!

I am in the same boat. However I was a previous applicant and they asked if I wanted to apply for the fall. I was planning on attending next fall! I am NOT complaining though. Yes, I interviewed last week and thought it went great. The interviewer was extremely nice and felt really welcoming. It did help that my interview partner was really awesome too and shared like minded goals and views on PT. It made the interview very upbeat and more conversational.

I am waiting too! It is a lot to get ready in a short amount of time. I am worried about it being so quick, I hope I can take their pre-anatomy class, I do not know if they still offer it!

GOOD Luck! hopefully we will be classmates!

That's awesome! Good luck to you too! It seems like they're really trying to fill this class, so I like our chances! I'm hoping we hear back either Monday or Tuesday so we can get started on everything else we need to do haha

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
That's awesome! Good luck to you too! It seems like they're really trying to fill this class, so I like our chances! I'm hoping we hear back either Monday or Tuesday so we can get started on everything else we need to do haha
i know it is one or two days away but It is really nerve racking. Everyone keeps asking me about it lol.

i know it is one or two days away but It is really nerve racking. Everyone keeps asking me about it lol.

I know! I'm checking my email nonstop and losing sleep over it!

Hello all,

So I've had quite a journey. 2 weeks ago I had found out about St Augustine's Flex program and noticed they are accepting students for the Fall 2017 Flex program in Austin.

I frantically applied and got everything in within a week's timeframe. 6 hours after I submitted my application on 7/26, I received an email for an invitation to an interview on 7/28. The interview was via skype so I immediately accepted and it went very well!

Now the wait begins...because the class starts on august 31st they said I would hear back by the end of next week. After reading literally every single thread about St Augustine, I noticed it is a pretty good sign that you will be accepted if you get an interview?

What are everyone's thoughts?

Hi I am in the same position my Skype interview is tomorrow, if you dont mind what kind of questions did they ask?

Hey guys, questions regarding the FLEX program.

What is your weekly schedule like given that this is an online/weekend program? My main concern is what I'd do with my time besides the obvious studying given that I don't live near the campuses. Seems odd to relocate just for bimonthly meetings and online courses? Do students just become frequent fliers and live off Airbnb for laboratory courses?

Reactions: 1 user
i was curious about the flex program as well. would love it if someone had hands on experience with it.

Hey guys, questions regarding the FLEX program.

What is your weekly schedule like given that this is an online/weekend program? My main concern is what I'd do with my time besides the obvious studying given that I don't live near the campuses. Seems odd to relocate just for bimonthly meetings and online courses? Do students just become frequent fliers and live off Airbnb for laboratory courses?

I'm not a student, but I applied last month. I heard some people do become frequent flyers. On one of the USA webinars they mentioned they had at least one student commuting from Maryland to Austin for labs. I'm sure there are others.

Personally, if I am accepted to Flex, my husband and I will relocate to Austin and I'll find a part-time job in the area (like a PT aide position). The idea of traveling that often and spending that much money kills me. Also, it could be advantageous to live near campus and be able to meet with faculty if needed.

Another thing they said was that the Flex program is still considered a "full load" whereas the residential program is "accelerated." What that means to me is that there will be enough study material to fill your whole week, even in a part-time program. :)

Last edited: