University of Tennessee - question

Started by meadow36
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

meadow36

UF CVM 2013
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if UTenn has a cutoff for age of grades? I can't find an answer to this on their website. All I can find is that Biochem must be five years old or less.

As for the Biochem - I took it 8 years ago; if I retake it again (for UTenn's sake) my school offers Biochem 1 and Biochem 2, both 3 credits each. The website says something about half of a two semester course not being acceptable - does anyone know if this qualifies? It's not really a 2 semester course; more like a Basic and Advanced version.

Thanks!!
 
They should have on there somewhere (or at least they used to) what your biochem course should include. If one semester includes everything on their list, you MAY be fine, but they're pretty picky about biochem here at Tennessee, so I would definitely get the course checked out before taking it to see if you need both semesters.
 
I took one semester of Biochem--basically all the concepts were covered in an accelerated format. UT is fine with this, but is not fine with one semester of a 2 semester course (where you only cover half the concepts each semester). The best thing to do is call Deborah Shepherd and ask her about your specific course.
 
Hello- I'm not sure if you already called utk but I spoke with deborah shepherd the other day regarding the age of prereq classes and she said that they aren't concerned with the age of the prereqs except for biochem (like you said)... I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to your specific questions about biochem though 🙄