University of the Pacific DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FutureDPT2201

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone applied to University of the Pacific?

I really want to but they won't accept any of the Exercise Physiology courses I am requesting. I don't know what to do? I live in the Bay Area CA. Any suggestions???
 
I applied. You could put it in progress then take it in the spring through open university at a local CSU. What was wrong with your exercise physiology course?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I might be going to their info session tomorrow. Anyone have any questions they want me to ask the students/faculty?
 
I applied. You could put it in progress then take it in the spring through open university at a local CSU. What was wrong with your exercise physiology course?

They wouldn't tell me why it was not acceptable. The course is at Ohlone College, Exercise Prescription. and it says its for physical therapy careers... so no idea. And they didn't offer any help otherwise.

Thanks. Ill look into CSUs.
 
They wouldn't tell me why it was not acceptable. The course is at Ohlone College, Exercise Prescription. and it says its for physical therapy careers... so no idea. And they didn't offer any help otherwise.

Thanks. Ill look into CSUs.
Oh that is why. Exercise prescription is a class geared towards personal training. Exercise Physiology is like your Post Anatomy’s Physiology class, but with different status conditions set (Elevated heart rate, low Oxygen levels, etc.) It is much more like Anatomy or Physiology with an intense laboratory. Exercise prescription is an easier course. Most everyone I met had an intense time in exercise physiology.