University of the Pacific

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marzena

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Could someone tell me how the University of the Pacific ranks as a Dental School?

Members don't see this ad.

From what I have read, UOP graduates have one of the lowest loan repayment default rates. Then again a $250K plus loan burden can do wonders for one's professional motivation.

And of course, UOP is the only remaining 3 year curriculum program, although speculation has it that they will be converting to a 4 year program sooner than later.

Many students choose UOP because of the 3 year program, and many despise it after participating in it. Still others swear that it was the secret to their success.

Members don't see this ad :)
Personally, UOP is my #1 choice. I like the 3 year program, and after having talked to various UOP alumni, I think their clinical preparation is really good.

UOP stats have been going up every year, which I think sort of tells about their ranking as well. If they are able to attract people with great stats, then the program must be worth it.

I personally never interviewed at UOP, but from what I've heard from other students, UOP students LOVE their school. The school takes very good care of their students and is known to have a solid clinical program. I would suggest going to
www. predentalhelp.com and under links you can click on Mike's Guide to Dental School Admission. He was a UOP student and you may be able to find more information there. Definitely worth applying to I think.