You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
University of the Pacific
Started by ptforme
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone heard back from them yet?
Hey I have an interview at UOP 2/25... They called mid December to set it up
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an interview the first friday of March. If you guys need any information on there I am an undergrad there and my gf is a first year so if I can help at all or you have questions about where to stay when coming please let me know and I'll be glad to help. Where else are you guys/gals looking at going or have interviews etc...
I interviewed at Miami, but haven't heard back so i can only assume bad things by that. I have an interview on Saturday at Samuel Merritt, George washington on Feb 5th and UOP march 4th. I have a friend who is a first year at uop and he was debating between western and uop last year but wanted to get out of southern cali. Good luck with your upcoming interviews and hearing back I am sure you'll fine the place for you.
The Western interview starts with all the applicants in a lecture hall and you're told about the program, financial aid, etc and they ask for a writing sample. Then they bring everyone to a classroom to sit and wait to be called for their individual interviews. The interview itself is you and two faculty members. Everyone was really nice. But make sure you're there ahead of your "interview time" because mine was 12:15 and they started talking to us as a group at noon, and they didn't start the actual interviews til 1:00 (some people didn't get to do theirs til as late as 3:00 but didn't know til they arrived).
At the time that I applied to UOP...
Cumulative GPA: 3.38
Pre-req GPA: 3.17?
GRE: 450 verbal, 580 quant, 4.5 aw
Observation Hours: 15 pediatrics, 40 acute care, 111 outpatient orthopedics
Extracurriculars: In my 2nd year as a Kinesiology Club officer, 1 semester as the student assistant in the Human Anatomy Lab
At the time that I applied to UOP...
Cumulative GPA: 3.38
Pre-req GPA: 3.17?
GRE: 450 verbal, 580 quant, 4.5 aw
Observation Hours: 15 pediatrics, 40 acute care, 111 outpatient orthopedics
Extracurriculars: In my 2nd year as a Kinesiology Club officer, 1 semester as the student assistant in the Human Anatomy Lab
My interview is Feb. 25th as well. I have applied all in Cali: UCSF/SFSU, Samuel Meritt, USC, and Loma Linda. I have been invited for interview at all but USC (who does not interview) and have been accepted to Loma Linda. My stats at the time of application were tadaaaa!
Undergrad GPA: 3.83
Prerequisite GPA: 3.58
GRE: 550V, 540Q, 4.5A
Extra Curricular: volunteer wrestling coach, adult volunteer at St. Luke's Youth Ministry, Athletic Training assistant, Relay For Life Participant (American Cancer Society), San Jose Fit Runners Club member
Volunteer: 150 inpatient, 70 outpatient
Undergrad GPA: 3.83
Prerequisite GPA: 3.58
GRE: 550V, 540Q, 4.5A
Extra Curricular: volunteer wrestling coach, adult volunteer at St. Luke's Youth Ministry, Athletic Training assistant, Relay For Life Participant (American Cancer Society), San Jose Fit Runners Club member
Volunteer: 150 inpatient, 70 outpatient
I'm interviewing on the 25 too. Also I was told at an info session over summer (at UOP) that they supposedly interview everyone that meets the pre reqs (GRE, GPA, Letters, hours, etc), but here were my stats:
University:UCSB (2 years), UC Davis (currently attending)
Major: Exercise Biology, minor in Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.40 (3.24 UCSB, 3.65 UCD)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.3
GRE: 630 Q, 530 V, 5 AW
Extra-Curric: IM sports, UCD Exercise Biology Club, UCSB Outdoor Adventures, Member/Social Chair of Chi Omega Women's Fraternity, Undergraduate Research assistant at UCD Human Performance Lab, Undergrad Assistant at a Plant Sciences Lab (job)
Volunteer: 120 Outpatient, 80+ inpatient
University:UCSB (2 years), UC Davis (currently attending)
Major: Exercise Biology, minor in Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.40 (3.24 UCSB, 3.65 UCD)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.3
GRE: 630 Q, 530 V, 5 AW
Extra-Curric: IM sports, UCD Exercise Biology Club, UCSB Outdoor Adventures, Member/Social Chair of Chi Omega Women's Fraternity, Undergraduate Research assistant at UCD Human Performance Lab, Undergrad Assistant at a Plant Sciences Lab (job)
Volunteer: 120 Outpatient, 80+ inpatient
For any of you that are interested in the University of the Pacific Physical Therapy program, feel free to follow them on Twitter or become a friend on Facebook. Their Twitter name is "PacificDPTweet" and Facebook page is "Pacific DPT". It's a good way to see a variety of events that they participate in or are interested in.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where did you all stay during your interview? What hotel is the closest and nicest? Did you fly into sacramento? How long was the drive from there? Did you rent a car or just take a shuttle? Also, what did you all think of the area and living circumstances of UOP?
dancingdoctors13, if you need any advice on where to stay or where to fly into let me know I am an undergraduate here as well as interviewing next week.
I'll send you a PM thanks!
If anyone has any suggestions, info for me, please post! I would appreciate it 🙂
Last edited:
bump. Really could use some suggestions everyone! Thank you in adv!
I had an interview last week and got a call today that I was accepted. Very, very excited!😀
Me too! 🙂 yay!
I had an interview last week and got a call today that I was accepted. Very, very excited!😀
Hey!! I applied to University of the Pacific for this upcoming dpt class. Could you help me out with what type of questions to prepare for. How was the interview?
Thanks for your help!!!
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 575
E
Now I just have to decide between UOP and AT Still.