You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
University of the Sciences in Philadelphia
Started by HopefulFuturePT
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I don't know much but my friend goes there right now. He entered as an undergraduate and then moved up to the DPT afterwards. He told me not to go there, the school is extremely intense. I know their pharmacy program is pretty bad as the teachers there don't really care for their students if they fail or pass.
I'm going next Thursday--I heard it's a great program, I've worked with PTs who have went there and they are extremely professional, knowledgeable, and genuine therapists. I heard the professors are probably a litle more rigid but it is a graduate program, and we are working hard to get an awesome degree. I'll let you know how it goes.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you for the replies! Yes, please let me know how it goes!
Had a great interview! weird questions haha but I got a call the next day offering a acceptance🙂 Great faculty, very diverse backgrounds. Also, I love that the school is mostly science-based. I felt as if the sciences were the main importance there (obviously, being called Univ of the Sciences)...much different experience than my undergrad where Business was the most focus. This focus/dedication to the sciences stood out to me above other programs I've interviewed with. If anyone else has an interview or hears back and wants to chat let me know! good luck!
PTM90, congratulations on your acceptance!! Thanks for the update! I sent you a PM! Do you plan to attend?!
I heard there OT program is in danger of losing accreditation, its not dpt but I would assume program can represent the school as a whole. Just my opinion.
I go to USP right now, and I can tell you that should not represent the whole school. The school has a stellar pharm and PT program, but I suspect the OT might lose accreditation because only about 4-6 students are in it, doesnt mean its a bad program, just not a lot of people choose it
I got my first acceptance letter in the mail today from USP!!!!! This coming after many rejections from other schools! I'm so happy and so relieved!!!!! Everyone, there is hope!!!
I am also pretty sure I will be attending. Haven't decided about living yet. I am thinking Old City as well. What are your plans, if you have any for housing?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be attending USP this summer as well. If you start a Facebook group let me know! Just make sure it's private because you could get in trouble if anyone shares notes etc on it. I was going to start one but didn't know anyone else who had gotten in.
Sent my deposit in. Facebook group sounds great!
hey!
So I started a page, so people can just like it and post. if people choose to friend each other like later then we can do a closed group, but for now a page definitely works. just search for USP DPT class 2016. if you need help finding just PM me🙂
If you know of anyone else who is attending, feel free to to pass it on. Can't wait to start and meet you'all!
So I started a page, so people can just like it and post. if people choose to friend each other like later then we can do a closed group, but for now a page definitely works. just search for USP DPT class 2016. if you need help finding just PM me🙂
If you know of anyone else who is attending, feel free to to pass it on. Can't wait to start and meet you'all!
Just wondering if anyone received any information after sending in deposit? Like a mail account, information about classes, anything?
Hmmm. Could be. Hopefully we get that information soon! I'm anxious!
hey! can u share ur stats?I got my first acceptance letter in the mail today from USP!!!!! This coming after many rejections from other schools! I'm so happy and so relieved!!!!! Everyone, there is hope!!!
hey! can u tell me how the group interview was and what kind of questions did they ask you? also how did you prepare for the interviewI hope so--I got the new student health forms in the mail that are due in the fall, but still need student ID etc. If have macs, is anyone downloading any good free anatomy apps on iPads/iphones/computers?🙂
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 577
E