Program-Specific Info / Q's University of Toledo, Davenport, Huntington U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureot423

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Does anyone know anything about any of these programs? Obviously I've read the websites but it can be hard to tell a lot from those. If you love/attend one of them, what do you like about it? If you haven't gotten a good impression for some reason, what don't you like? I'm really interested in a program that's hands-on more than research focused. I'm not particularly interested in having a career in research. I also like volunteer opportunities and the like so if you know of any of those things let me know about that too!

Sorry for the generic post, but I'm looking for any kind of information and not really anything specific!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know anything about any of these programs? Obviously I've read the websites but it can be hard to tell a lot from those. If you love/attend one of them, what do you like about it? If you haven't gotten a good impression for some reason, what don't you like? I'm really interested in a program that's hands-on more than research focused. I'm not particularly interested in having a career in research. I also like volunteer opportunities and the like so if you know of any of those things let me know about that too!

Sorry for the generic post, but I'm looking for any kind of information and not really anything specific!

I did my undergrad at Toledo and I've also been accepted to their OTD program. I love the campus, a huge benefit to this program is that UTMC is the university hospital where you'd get amazing clinical experience on-site. There are many other health professional programs (med school, PT, SLP, pharmacy, PA, nursing) and UT highly encourages an interprofessional approach to learning, so you'll be placed in a group with other first-year students in their respective programs for a weekly interactive seminar/lab. Just one thing I really love about the health science programs here! Other than that, the students seem very happy and it is ranked in the top 25% of all OT programs.
I would advise you to apply EARLY, like as soon as the application opens for your cycle, because UT does rolling admissions. Meaning they admit qualified students until the class is full, and everyone else who subsequently qualifies is placed on a waiting list. It is a very small class size, I believe only 20 students per year, so you can imagine it's highly competitive. Make sure your OTCAS application (and supplemental app) is completed before they review applicants in September!

As for the other two, I'm not very knowledgeable. I do know that Huntington is in a very small town in Indiana and is generally very conservative, I don't think I'd fit in there so I never checked it out. Davenport is a newer program so is likely easier to get into, and a Grand Rapids is a neat little city.

Good luck to you!