University of Utah c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jace

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody else on here applying to Univ. of Utah?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to Univ. of Utah early Oct. Anyone know when they start sending out interview invitation?

No word yet, as far as I know, to when the invites go out. I did get an email that said that their interview dates are Feb. 24-25 (I believe that is correct) so it might be some time before we actually hear back from them. I would really like to get into this school though, the PharmD/PhD program in particular.

Last edited:
The Dean of Admissions for the U came and spoke at my school, the said they don't start interviewing until the end of February. Invitations probably won't go out until late January/ early February.

Sarah in admissions said they look at your fall grades so probably no invites until after the Pharmcas academic updates.

I applied there too. Anyone heard from them yet? I know the email said interviews will be Feb. 24th and 25th and that they will notify you if you are invited at least two weeks in advance... that would be Feb 10th at the latest I guess. I hope it's sooner rather than later.

Well Sarah finally e-mailed me back. Here's what I think is the most important info: Yes, you need to send an updated transcript to the Graduate Admissions office. Interviews are Feb 24 and 25. Applicants will be notified by phone for interview invitations sometime between now and Feb 10.

It will be all :scared: and no :sleep: between now and Feb 10th for me!

I was just wondering if anybody has received a call yet? I am anxiously waiting as well. :scared:

I was just wondering if anybody has received a call yet? I am anxiously waiting as well. :scared:

As of last week, the committee was still reviewing files and ranking all the applicants. We should probably hear back from them for interviews either this week or next. Hope that helps!

No, I'm still waiting to hear as well. I check this thread like three times a day I swear.

I just got a call a few hours ago for an interview, so they have at least started today.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my interview invite. I'm going on the 25th so I don't have to make up any labs. I'm so excited!:soexcited:

I m waiting too. Do u think they r still in process of sending? :scared:

I m waiting too. Do u think they r still in process of sending? :scared:

I am sure they are still in process. I haven't heard of too many people with interview dates. They say a minimum 2 weeks before interviews, so there is still some time (Feb. 10th and 11th => interview dates are Feb. 24th and 25th).

Congrats to everyone with interviews! :D

HilaryG, how did ur interview go for denver?

I'm still waiting to hear back from Denver. Overall, I felt that I did well.

I e-mailed my fall grades directly to Sarah because PharmCas takes forever, so the admissions office probably had my updated grades earlier. I know several of my classmates are waiting for their call as well.

I got an interview invite for Univ. of Utah and I was wondering did anybody recieve any email from Sarah about interview day?

I got an interview invite for Univ. of Utah and I was wondering did anybody recieve any email from Sarah about interview day?

I haven't received anything yet. She made it seem like it would be a week or two before we got it.

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the roll call for 2014/2015. Please post in the sticky thread or PM me your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).:)

Hi, Yes I have invited for the interview, I chose Feb 25th, I am so excited and nervous.

Does anyone know if its a one-on-one or group interview? I recieved the email today and the whole interview day would last about 1 hr 30 min...so there is no essay writing?

PharmAim,

Do you by chance know what time will the interview take place on both days?

PharmAim,

You should have gotten an email with the details...I think everyone is supposed to arrive at 1:45 (this is fri...there might be an earlier time too for both days) and they'll go through a tour, a Q/A, and an interview (i don't believe it is a group...). Each person's interview time will probably vary...depending on how many groups are interviewing. In the meantime, we will either be in the holding tank (this is what they like to call the waiting room haha) or rotating with the tour and Q/A.

PharmAim,

For Feb 24th, the interview day begins around 12 pm...you should recieve an email regarding your scheduled interview day...Good Luck :luck:

Yeah I think you could choose 12:00 or 1:45 on both thursday and friday for the start of your interview day. There doesn't appear to be a time scheduled for essays so I'm guessing no essay :D. So excited (and nervous)!!

Yeah I think you could choose 12:00 or 1:45 on both thursday and friday for the start of your interview day. There doesn't appear to be a time scheduled for essays so I'm guessing no essay :D. So excited (and nervous)!!

ya they gave me option on either 12:30 or 1:45. Pretty short in general. Really excited about it....but super nervous!!....good luck you all :xf:

Do anybody know if there is an essay as part of the interview process?

As far I know, from talking to the admin, there is no essay, only a ~30 min. interview (!) with a panel composed of a professor, admission committee member, and a pharm student. The whole process, including a tour/student panel (?) literally takes ~1.5 hour. I am both relieved and a bit concerned at the same time regarding the length.

As far I know, from talking to the admin, there is no essay, only a ~30 min. interview (!) with a panel composed of a professor, admission committee member, and a pharm student. The whole process, including a tour/student panel (?) literally takes ~1.5 hour. I am both relieved and a bit concerned at the same time regarding the length.

ya thats what I got from the email..i m glad there is no essay portion.
Does anyone know approximately how many people they invite for the interview?

Any one from California or other states?. Not Utauh??
i know they only accept 16 students from out of states....that sucks.
The tuition at this University is half of others around the country.
I would love to graduate with $60k in 4 years.

ya thats what I got from the email..i m glad there is no essay portion.
Does anyone know approximately how many people they invite for the interview?
According to the school info on pharmcas, last year they interviewed 90 and accepted 60. I'm not sure if it's the same every year though...

Any one from California or other states?. Not Utauh??
i know they only accept 16 students from out of states....that sucks.
The tuition at this University is half of others around the country.
I would love to graduate with $60k in 4 years.

How did you get this number "$60k in 4 years"?

How did you get this number "$60k in 4 years"?

I checked their website for none residents the first year is 20k and after one year you will be resident of the Utah and your
tuition will be only 10k so if you add them up it will be 60K.

I checked their website for none residents the first year is 20k and after one year you will be resident of the Utah and your

I very much hope you're right although I got different amount. anyway, we will find out soon. thanks for replying!

What transportation do you guys plan to take? taxi, shuttle, bus, etc?

I very much hope you're right although I got different amount. anyway, we will find out soon. thanks for replying!

When is your interview??? Mine is friday 25th.
Are you from Utah???

When is your interview??? Mine is friday 25th.
Are you from Utah???

are you sure they let u be resident after a year? coz most of the states dont let you do that. it would be nice if they did..it would help out a lot. btw i m out-of-state too.

are you sure they let u be resident after a year? coz most of the states dont let you do that. it would be nice if they did..it would help out a lot. btw i m out-of-state too.

Yes they do, first thing you have to do is getting a Utah driver license and a utillity bill under your name, after 12 month you will be their resident

The tuition is 10k per semester for residents. Tuition for a resident is 20k a year.

Good luck everyone!!:luck: see u some of you tomorrow. good luck to today's interviewees too. :luck::luck::luck:

any comment from those who had their interview yesterday????

Went there yesterday after a red eye flight. Generally speaking had a great experience there with the people, although at some points its a bit too short and the scheduling could use some work.

Some pointers-

Interview composed of 1 hr student QA panel (w/ sign language to boot!), 0.5 hr(more like 15min) tour, and 30-40 min interview w/ student and two profs. The students there are very professional and cordial. Very positive, focused vibe.

School is very tidy but a bit "rustic", though the interiors are very modernized. The size of the school can either be "intimate" or "cramped" depending on your perspective

For the interview, its a very fast, almost rushed process. As always, know your health care disparities and ethics.

One thing that you should know is that internships are getting increasingly difficult to obtain, not just in SLC, but in Utah as a whole. The fact that USN South Jordan just expanded and added 120 more people per class is not helping matters either. There is also a requirement to intern partly in a rural area.

Have anyone called the admission regardin the status??? I called them today they didnt have mine yet!!!

Have anyone called the admission regardin the status??? I called them today they didnt have mine yet!!!

Final decisions were made this past monday. Acceptance/rejections letters went out today (or tomorrow depending who you talk to) so we should know sometime next week. Hope that helps

I got this email saying that decision is made. But it didnt say if i m accepted or rejected. Did any one receive an email saying they got accepted or they fwd'ed that mail to everyone no matter if u got rejected or declined?? omg omg... this is freaking me out. :scared:

I got this email saying that decision is made. But it didnt say if i m accepted or rejected. Did any one receive an email saying they got accepted or they fwd'ed that mail to everyone no matter if u got rejected or declined?? omg omg... this is freaking me out. :scared:

They only send out acceptances/rejections via regular mail, so don't worry.