University of Utah Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eklageb

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from the University of Utah about an interview invitation yet?

Members don't see this ad.

NO. I'm still waiting for my A+P prof to give me my grade so I can post my Academic Update. I know Utah sez they wanted ALL grades up front, but I decided to apply anyway b/c I really want to be there and I'm not going to wait another year. I will be in the Class of 2018 somewhere.

I received an invitation last week on Friday.

Members don't see this ad :)
yep, they sent out their invites last Friday.

I just got my rejection. I am surprised to not have received an interview invite. My stats are pretty good (GPA 3.99, GRE 328 with a 4.5 on AW, over 500 hours of shadowing and volunteering). I must have done terribly on my essay or LORs...

Luckily I have already been accepted to RMUoHP and University of Mary and am waiting to hear back from 4 schools, but still a pretty big disappointment.

@Carson Ranger -The dates are January 15 and 16 I believe. It is on their website.

Last edited:
are you in state? does any1 know how many OOS students they accept/interview?

I received this email Oct.1:

Both your PTCAS application and your University of Utah Supplemental Application have been received. The next step in the process is the written review of your application. We will notify in December if your application is selected to move forward to the interview portion of our admissions process. Thank you for choosing the University of Utah as a prospective Physical Therapy Program.​

Sincerely,
The Admissions Commitee​

... and I just received this. alors.
I would like to point out the rejection letters I received from UM-Baltimore and UTah
both included spelling errors. Peace Out!

I regret to inform you that you were not selected to move forward to the interview portion of the admissions process for the Physical Therapy program at the University of Utah.

The Admission Committee in the Department of Physical Therapy carefully reviewed each applicant before deciding upon the finalist group. We were privileged to receive an outstanding pool of applicants who were very evenly matched. However, we are not able to interview all who apply. If you require additional discussion on the merit of your application, you may contact the academic advisor by appointment via our website AFTER April 1, 2015. Application concerns will not be accomodated prior to this date.

Thank you for the opportunity to review your qualifications. We are sorry that we cannot accommodate more students, but wish you the best in your future personal and professional endeavors.

Sincerely,
The Admissions Committee​

Last edited:
are you in state? does any1 know how many OOS students they accept/interview?

I received this email Oct.1:

Both your PTCAS application and your University of Utah Supplemental Application have been received. The next step in the process is the written review of your application. We will notify in December if your application is selected to move forward to the interview portion of our admissions process. Thank you for choosing the University of Utah as a prospective Physical Therapy Program.​

Sincerely,
The Admissions Commitee​
Yes I am in state. I never received a confirmation email saying that everything was received, although everything was submitted on/by December 1st.

dang -- that is NUTS :wtf:
No kidding! I thought that between my stats and a half decent essay I would at least get an interview, but I guess not. I had several people read my essay, so I don't think it was terrible but it must have been the weak spot in my application. I am calling it an act of God since I have no idea what else could have gone wrong!

I just got my rejection email too. I was surprised too since I've been offered multiple interviews so far. It's the first rejection I've had but the U is odd in their selection process. Good riddance. I'm happy to go elsewhere. I'm not a huge fan of their culture anyways.

I don't know much about it. I know a PT in my neighborhood who went there, and she is awesome.
I applied because it's less than an hour flight, a good program and in the mountains!
Good luck to everyone who's interviewing.

I haven't received an invitation or a rejection letter. I'm hoping they hold some sort of a waitlist for interviews? Frustrating either way.

I haven't received an invitation or a rejection letter. I'm hoping they hold some sort of a waitlist for interviews? Frustrating either way.

I am hoping for the same because I have yet to hear anything either!

edit (12/23): just got an email stating that i was not selected to move forward to the interview portion. best of luck to all others!!

Last edited: