You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
University of Utah
Started by little.bear
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey! I was waitlisted at the U last year, and accepted this year. We were given 2 weeks to make a decision and pay our deposit to hold the spot. From there, people on the waitlist should be slowly let on. It's a process that will probably be happening now, and will continue until (literally) classes start on May 11. The advisor kaitlyn will call you if your spot on the waitlist has been reached! I wish you all the luck getting in! The U is an AMAZING school, and is often overlooked.
Travisroyer356
New Member
Just wondering if anyone has moved off the waitlist at Utah yet?
I am an alternate as well and haven't heard anything yet! Have you moved off the list?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
little.bear
New Member
I did not move off the list, but I'm excited to have a summer off before starting at U of Montana in the fall
I wish they gave more info how long the wait list is at the U. I wondered if because of COVID-19 people changed their mind and decide to go to school closer to home. It is said almost half of U of U acceptance at DPT is from out of state though I am unsure if that is accurate. I keep hoping a letter will come...
I wish they gave more info how long the wait list is at the U. I wondered if because of COVID-19 people changed their mind and decide to go to school closer to home. It is said almost half of U of U acceptance at DPT is from out of state though I am unsure if that is accurate. I keep hoping a letter will come...
A lot of people this year are from out of state! If you get off the wait list, you will receive a call from the academic advisor. Good luck I hope you make it in!!
Does Utah offer tuition waivers for OOS?
I believe after you have been here for a year you can get in-state tuition!
Does Utah offer tuition waivers for OOS?
Hit me up if you have any other questions! the U's program and faculty is seriously amazing
Do you mind sharing your stats that got you accepted?Hit me up if you have any other questions! the U's program and faculty is seriously amazing
Do you mind sharing your stats that got you accepted?
Of course! I'm a Utah local (but a TON of people in the program are from out of state)
Major: Psych, Sociology, minor in Nutrition & Criminology
Overall GPA: 3.658
Prereq GPA: 3.83
GRE: 155V, 151Q, 4.5 writing
Hours: ~2300 in outpatient, women's health, and in-patient rehab
Work: PT scribe, marketing and event coordinator, Anatomy TA
I had a lot of volunteer hours and research experience in my background as well.
Feel free to reach out if you have other questions! I'm so in love with the U's program.
Hit me up if you have any other questions! the U's program and faculty is seriously amazing
Do you know if the out-of-state people able to get in state residency independents or dependents? I'm a dependent from Hawaii which makes DPT so expensive :l
Do you know if the out-of-state people able to get in state residency independents or dependents? I'm a dependent from Hawaii which makes DPT so expensive :l
Oh wow I have no idea on that - and haven't heard much talk on independent vs dependent. I think most people may make the switch to be able to provide that they are paying and living in the state of Utah? You should definitely contact the academic advisor that we have here- she's fabulous!