University of Washington TRUST Program

Started by Kphrogg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kphrogg

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am working on my UW secondary and am torn over whether or not to apply to the TRUST program. From what I have read, it looks like a great opportunity, but I was wondering if there is anyone out there who is going through or has gone through the program.

Specifically, I wonder (1) how much additional time is required for the program; (2) do you feel that it did/is actually preparing you for rural practice; (3) did it have any impact (positive or negative) or finding a residency or employment; and (4) if you could do it again, would you apply to TRUST again?
 
I had a friend do TRUST in Idaho, and she LOVES it. She's really outdoorsy and advendturous. Seems like that sort of personality does well in it. Don't apply if you're not interested--rural medicine is absolutely not for everyone, and UW knows that.