University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dprice121

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found out recently that I am #2 on the Alternate list for UW. From what I understand UW doesn't require a deposit. So how do they know how many of those they accepted are REALLY coming??? For those of you who have been accepted--I imagine they initially sent you something that you had to send back stating that you planned on attending. However, have they followed up with you since??? How do they know if you STILL plan on attending???

Members don't see this ad.

I don't remember the exact date but it was in May that the $100 was due. I paid it a few months ago so there was no follow up with me. I want to say it was May 1st but Kathy Craig would know for sure. You might see some action on the waitlist after that date if some of the accepted folks don't fork over their deposits. Good luck Doug. Hope you get in!

swiminh2o said:
I don't remember the exact date but it was in May that the $100 was due. I paid it a few months ago so there was no follow up with me. I want to say it was May 1st but Kathy Craig would know for sure. You might see some action on the waitlist after that date if some of the accepted folks don't fork over their deposits. Good luck Doug. Hope you get in!

Hey thanks for the info. I hope I get in too. It sounds like there's a pretty good chance so I'll keep my fingers crossed.