University of Washington?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

situational

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has heard back from the University of Washington. The website states that letters notifying applicants of the decisions will be mailed out by mid-February. It's the end of the second week of this month and I've not heard a single peep! I was wondering if everyone else was experiencing the same. To be honest, I'm ready to throw in the towel for this application cycle, but I still have hope for the few remaining schools that have kept silent for all these long months.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard anything yet. I am waiting for my mail to be delivered today. From past forum posts and a few other people, I had gathered that this might be the week for some news, but... maybe not.

Havent heard anything either... This is my top school so im super anxious

Members don't see this ad :)
It's gonna be this week right?!?! From past posts it sounds like they snail mail :(

Also a little bitter cause last year someone received a letter postmarked Feb 2nd. Why so late this year????

It's gonna be this week right?!?! From past posts it sounds like they snail mail :(

Also a little bitter cause last year someone received a letter postmarked Feb 2nd. Why so late this year????

I've noticed that alot of programs seem to be running later with decisions. Probably has to due with having a much larger number of applications this year.

Did anyone hear today? I got a notice that I missed a letter delivered certified mail from W Health. No clue who that is but I'm hoping it's UW?!?!?

I have school all day tomorrow so I can't pick up the letter until Wed!!!!! :(

I didn't think the mail ran today for President's Day. In any case, I still haven't heard yet.

Good point, this must be Saturday's mail. I wasn't home all weekend.

Did anyone hear today? I got a notice that I missed a letter delivered certified mail from W Health. No clue who that is but I'm hoping it's UW?!?!?

I have school all day tomorrow so I can't pick up the letter until Wed!!!!! :(

I would say if it came certified mail it's a very good sign. Good Luck !

You can always call! I did that today and they let me know the answer :)

Was the answer if you were accepted or not or was it about if they had mailed your information yet?

Good for you! I just asked if information had been mailed. The answer was that the final decision meeting was last Thursday and letters should be delivered by the end of the week.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you ask for your decision, they will tell you. The lady admitted that she did not like telling the news over the phone (thus why she didnt volunteer to tell you)... Apparently some people cry/scream/curse/fall to pieces when they get bad news. She made me promise to be okay with the decision before telling me :p

Very tempting... I'll wait and see if anything comes in the mail tomorrow.

Good for you! I just asked if information had been mailed. The answer was that the final decision meeting was last Thursday and letters should be delivered by the end of the week.

Hmmm, so I wouldn't have gotten a certified letter from them on Saturday. Even if they mailed them out the next day it wouldn't get to CA that fast. Bummer, I was pretty excited. And I have no other clue who W Health. The only other W school I applied to was Western and I declined their interview.

More waiting....

I just called them this afternoon and they let me know I had been accepted, woo-hoo! In any case, I still haven't gotten the actual letter and I live in Seattle, so I would have expected a fast transit time. They said letters should be arriving by the end of the week though.

Got a letter today. Hope everyone else gets theirs soon. Good luck!

For those of you really interested in University of Washington, can you tell me more about their program? I'm from the Pacific Northwest originally so I have been to the school and wasn't too impressed with the facilities and buildings the PT program was in, it looked more like a dark dreary jail to me. However, that was about two years ago and I did not meet with any professors or students from the program so I'd like to know a little more info about it. Love Seattle and have some family there so this school would be an option for me.

Hey, I'm also interested in UW's PT program. I'm an in-state resident and currently a sophomore in college, and I love UW, but I haven't seen their PT school. Could the people who applied share their stats and maybe some info about the school? UW's currently my first choice because of its location and its tuition, but my GPA isn't very competitive, so I'm wondering what would be good to boost my app when I apply next year. I volunteered for around 110 hours in a hospital (therapy services that included PT, PTA, OT, Speech therapy, and more) in high school, and I'm gonna try to volunteer/work at an outpatient this summer along with the hospital again.

I was just accepted there and will 99% be going there. The key reasons for wanting to go there include:

1. Low tuition - this is pretty huge, there are countless threads on here about people wishing they went to a school with a lower tuition.

2. Location - I live in Seattle, lots of friends here/good support network. Plus, Seattle is just a cool place (aside from the genuinely terrible weather - it really is bad, this should be taken into consideration, although it is conducive to studying).

3. Good faculty - I met with several of the faculty members and they all seemed like great people who were experts and genuinely interested in seeing their students learn, talked to some former students who were quite happy with the program also.

4. Cool students - this is a big one, you are going to be spending a HUGE amount of time with your class mates, it's pretty dang important to go to a school where you will enjoy being around your class mates, I can't imagine 3 years of PT school with students I don't like.

5. Major research hospital association - this is the academic piece that I thought set it apart, they are associated with a major regional research hospital which allows for a lot of interdisciplinary cooperation on research and such. I think this is super cool and is something I was very interested in so it was a big selling point for me personally.

6. Sports team - yeah, this one is silly, but part of me is pretty stoked to finally get to go to a university that has a real sports program to root for. Wasn't a determining factor by any means, but it's something I am kind of excited about.

The facilities are a little dark and dingy, but they aren't so bad, and I think some of that feel is just because it's in Seattle, which is dark and wet. The overall campus is beautiful though and although the classrooms aren't so pretty you do get access to top quality equipment.

My stats are as follows:
GPA: 3.65
Pre-Req GPA: 3.91
Undergrad: UC Davis, BA in Communication (went back to CC for science classes)
GRE V:163, Q:166, W:4.5
Ob Hours: About 170 total split evenly between outpatient ortho, inpatient acute, and pediatrics at an elementary school
Excellent reference letters
Lots of experience with sports clubs and as a personal trainer plus worked 6 years in endurance sports industry

My recommendation to getting in is really doing your best to get a good GPA, don't settle for anything less than an A on any science pre-req class. I don't think you need tons of observation hours, what seems important is just making sure you get around to as many different settings as possible and in the process really try to make a good impression and make connections so you can get outstanding letters of recommendation. I don't think you need stellar GRE scores, but they should be solid or it will raise a red flag, especially on the written section. I don't know this for sure but I think the essay is a pretty big deal also, it's your chance to separate yourself from others and sell them on why you deserve to be there, everything else is just numbers.

I did not get an acceptance letter in the mail, (it appears to have been honestly lost- my local post office closed and I got a new carrier working out of a more distant PO) I went to the UW Grad school acceptance site https://www.grad.washington.edu/applForAdmiss/ On that page click on the words below Action (mine said status) and it should let you know. I ended up calling as well but this might help