UNLV acceptance thread!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beestieboy

Keep on keepin' on
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Woot! Let's hear it from those who are accepted to UNLV!! You can call them and they'll let you know over the phone. Otherwise, letters are being mailed out today. Excuse me, but I have to go do a little dance right now.

Members don't see this ad.

Beestieboy said:
Woot! Let's hear it from those who are accepted to UNLV!! You can call them and they'll let you know over the phone. Otherwise, letters are being mailed out today. Excuse me, but I have to go do a little dance right now.
congrats - so is this the school your gonna go to?

Beestieboy said:

Congrats Beestieboy! You sure deserve it! Hopefully today will have many more surprises for all of us! (Good ones that is)

Members don't see this ad :)
sumozmom said:
congrats - so is this the school your gonna go to?

Well, I'll take some time to consider all the pros and cons I can about each, but I'm leaning that way. I loved the campus, the facilities were awesome, it's the closest school to my family and my wife's fam. The teachers and administrators I met were great too.

I would like to hear from UoP, but that's not till the end of Jan. I'll be paying for a spot for sure. Even if UoP doesn't go well in Jan, that's OK. I'd be OK. :cool:

Beestieboy said:
Well, I'll take some time to consider all the pros and cons I can about each, but I'm leaning that way. I loved the campus, the facilities were awesome, it's the closest school to my family and my wife's fam. The teachers and administrators I met were great too.

I would like to hear from UoP, but that's not till the end of Jan. I'll be paying for a spot for sure. Even if UoP doesn't go well in Jan, that's OK. I'd be OK. :cool:

You jerk you don't deserve to get into UNLV if your still holding out for UOP. You should let others have a shot that consider UNLV their #1. Man that is just plain stupid. Almost as dumb as renting out a theater to watch "Harry potter" with the dental club funds, and then only selling out half of it!

you're such a jerk Brad.
Good job Dave! Congrats Rob!
See you guys in ecology and on the street!

BroncoB said:
You jerk you don't deserve to get into UNLV if your still holding out for UOP. You should let others have a shot that consider UNLV their #1. Man that is just plain stupid. Almost as dumb as renting out a theater to watch "Harry potter" with the dental club funds, and then only selling out half of it!
that's not very nice -----!!!!

BroncoB said:

Hey now, relax. Whether u think he's a jerk or not, he's the one with the acceptance and I believe he deserves the right to make the best choice about his future. Don't worry, If u'll get in, you will. in the end he can only attend one D-School no matter how many acceptances he decides to hold on to. Good luck!

BroncoB said:

What he is doing is what many people will be doing because they haven't heard from their No 1. The reason he is doing this is becasue HE CAN and YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. So wait and if you were to get into UNLV you will. His spot may go to someone else and you may not get the spot. Just be patient. This game is way too long and I know people will lose patience.

BroncoB said:

The stupidity of this quote is stunning. So you want BeastieBoy to forgo his acceptance at UNLV for a chance at UOP, knowing full well that UOP's class is one of the first to fill up? Then where does that leave him, without a school, and another year of AADSAS nonsense?

STOP! we're doing nothing but tear each other apart in this long t.....nevermind, go at it.

BroncoB said:

LOL, I'll bet that is Brad. He's a punk in one of my classes. I'll put him in a headlock tomorrow. :smuggrin:

Thanks for coming to my defense vs. the jackass guys. I am not banking on UoP at the moment at all and am super happy about UNLV and the others. I just feel blessed to be able to have any power in saying where I go to dental school.

Good luck to you all and I hope to see more of your posts as we move from the Pre-Dent forum to the Dent forum!

FWIW, UNLV mailed out around 35+ acceptances today, most of them out-of-state. With only 30 out-of-state spots to fill, I'm not liking my odds anymore. They did say, however, that they expect only about half of those to accept the acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Beestieboy said:
Congats Dave, way to go!! I'll be seeing you there, does this mean I won;t have to see you in Genetics?

Dude, so did you get accepted to UNLV? If so, that's sweet!

It's going to be hard to keep up grades for me. I'm so ready for a break. C'ya tomorrow if you go. ;)

Ruprick said:
FWIW, UNLV mailed out around 35+ acceptances today, most of them out-of-state. With only 30 out-of-state spots to fill, I'm not liking my odds anymore. They did say, however, that they expect only about half of those to accept the acceptance.

Well that sucks for me. I interview on the 15th of Dec. Good luck to you other Utah guys, however.

You have to admit, however, total first year expenses at UNLV for an out-of-stater are pretty staggering.

1992Corolla said:
you're such a jerk Brad.
Good job Dave! Congrats Rob!
See you guys in ecology and on the street!

Thanks Ben! And to think......I got it to Case without even rubbing your stache! :laugh: I'll be needing some of that luck for Arizona however! :scared:

To those from Nevada or know some info about the admissions process at UNLV:

do you think it is too late to submit an app to the dental school (being out of state)... i saw someone posted that they mailed out 35 letters to out of state to fill 30 spots.... anyone know if they are still GIVING interviews?

DWade101 said:

do you think it is too late to submit an app to the dental school (being out of state)... i saw someone posted that they mailed out 35 letters to out of state to fill 30 spots.... anyone know if they are still GIVING interviews?
Beestieboy may know u shpuld PM him

DWade101 said:

I would guess it is pretty much too late everywhere, technically schools will take them for a couple more months, but your chances of getting accepted are slim to none, unless your Uncle is Dr. B or something like that. Most people are accepted by Dec-January

.. I interviewed at UNLV on Nov 10, called them last week and was told that my app is UNDER REVIEW... should i give up hope????

darkwing said:
.. I interviewed at UNLV on Nov 10, called them last week and was told that my app is UNDER REVIEW... should i give up hope????
4 Candles

darkwing said:
I finally got my acceptance letter from UNLV, now trying to make a decision.. For those for sure are going to UNLV nextyear, what are your reasons for your decision?... I am from Ca BTW and I've given up hope to Ca schools...

Accepted at Temple, Michigan and UNLV
Not going next yr but ....weather!

darkwing said:
I've never been in a place with snow (originally from an island).. so weather-wise, definitely UNLV... being able to get a residency status after a year is good too...

any other cooments on UNLV?... I am still trying to convice myself..

thanks
I've lived in LV for about a decade now-
originally from NYC!

Traffic not bad ( esp compared to NYC)
- Housing - Beautiful Skies.....

I think thats important....I don't know about u but when it's crappy outside -all i wanna do is sit on the couce and whatch movies.
weather here is very motivating!

School is kinda small so make sure that does not bother u.

It's new, the facilities are super nice, the faculty are great, you already mentioned tuition, weather, use of latest technology, laptop instead of textbooks, no chance of you getting bored while down there....

Those are a few of the things I can think of.