CaliDDS

10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2006
Status (Visible)
hi
i am seriously considering unlv
what do you guys think about this school?
please post your comments here

fajitapita

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Great integrative curriculum, everything is brand new/state-of-the-art, strong patient pool with very complex treatment plans avialable to students since there was such a shortage of dentists there before the school opened up, supportive environment between students and faculty, ranked in the top 1/4 of schools for NBDE I performance, don't know the NBDE II ranking since their first class graduated only last year, 96% pass rate on NBDE part I.

keibee82

Blue_tooth...
10+ Year Member
May 9, 2006
OC
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
hi

I heard their facilities are new and faculties are awesome. Although its
a bit expensive, its in Vegas!

About the Ads

dentist2b7007

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I also chose the school because of their integrative curriculum, state of the art facilities, students seem really really happy which is a big plus, good test scores, faculty seem very helpful and nice :D plus they teach you spanish (what I heard from the students-can't go wrong with that)

fajitapita

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I heard their facilities are new and faculties are awesome. Although its
a bit expensive, its in Vegas!

Agreed, faculty is awesome there and SO damn friendly! I was chatting with a professor there who went to Harvard, the guy that heads anatomy went to UPenn, some faculty from UCLA, and most of the faculty from the old Northwestern dental school.

dentist2b7007

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Is the guy who went to Harvard Dr. Simmons? He interviewed me and he was super nice and laid back. They all seem laid back which is nice

fajitapita

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Yeah, the red-haired fella? Great guy and so down to earth. They received 3,000 applications this year for 75 seats, DAMN!

dentist2b7007

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
no....he had black hair. 2 faculty from harvard..awesome!

jrd29

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2003
Status (Visible)
Is the guy who went to Harvard Dr. Simmons? He interviewed me and he was super nice and laid back. They all seem laid back which is nice

I graduated last year from UNLV and am now in private practice in Southern California. I was very happy with my education and my decision to go to school there. If I had to make the decision again, I would chose UNLV.

I noticed that you are from California. I was worried what patients and other Docs would think about me going to school in Las Vegas. The response has only been positive and usually they say something like, "Oh, I heard that was a great school." It makes me laugh because they don't know anything about the school, but what they say is true.

PM me if you have other questions.

IheartTeeth

10+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
hi

I didn't think I would like the school at all being in Vegas and everything....but I pretty much fell in love with it and am so excited to have gotten in (I chose it over 4 other schools). I can't wait to go. I think their curriculum is amazing and its going to really help me learn the material not just memorize it because of how they integrate it. I'm also excited to re-learn my spanish and to have a chance to use it when I'm in the clinics. I think that is an invaluable resource for health professionals. Plus the weather is pretty dang nice there too ;)

IheartTeeth

10+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
uh not for a good 3 months of the year.....unless you like hellish heat :)

Considering I'm from Michigan and I can't stand not having the sun for half the year....uh I think I'll handle it. I hate being cold. I'd rather be hot...and tan :)

dentist2b7007

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
agree with Iheart...i'd rather be hot and tan too. can't be that bad.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.