titan3035

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2004
Provo Utah
Visit site
Status
UNLV students-- I'm really focusing on UNLV as my first choice for D-school but i have a question. I took a tour of the facility and liked what i saw but i didn't really see anywhere to study. Where do you all go to study? do you go to the library at UNLV main?

UNLV OMS GUNNABE

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
There isn't really much space to study, if I were you I would plan on studying at home or at a local library near where you will live.

SPBest

10+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2005
Ft. Lauderdale
Status
titan3035 said:
UNLV students-- I'm really focusing on UNLV as my first choice for D-school but i have a question. I took a tour of the facility and liked what i saw but i didn't really see anywhere to study. Where do you all go to study? do you go to the library at UNLV main?

I don't go to UNLV but having been to Vegas numerous times I know there is a place called The Library. You should check it out. I've heard that they have HOT librarians. But I don't think you could do much studying there (except maybe some anatomy).
:D :D :D

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status
Dentist
SPBest said:
I don't go to UNLV but having been to Vegas numerous times I know there is a place called The Library. You should check it out. I've heard that they have HOT librarians. But I don't think you could do much studying there.
Some of my classmates go to the Library to study here as well in Arizona.

NVDental

DS4
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2004
Visit site
Status
Dental Student
SPBest said:
I don't go to UNLV but having been to Vegas numerous times I know there is a place called The Library. You should check it out. I've heard that they have HOT librarians. But I don't think you could do much studying there (except maybe some anatomy).

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I used to drive by The Library everyday for work. My wife is an elementary teacher at a school near The Library and even her students knew about The Library(which is a strip club by the way).

The public libraries in Las vegas are not that impressive and not really a good place to study. However; Henderson has more libraries that Las Vegas, and UNLV's main campus is approximately a 15-20 minute drive from the dental school.

I had a friend that went to medical school and University of NEvada, Reno - but for most students during their 3rd and 4th clinical years are placed in Las Vegas. I think there may be a medical library in the building west of UMC, that is affiliated with UNR. Which is really close to the dental school. Can any of you UNLV students confirm this? If there is a library there, it may be a good place to study.

unlvdmd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2004
Las Vegas
Status
Most people seem to study at home. I don't know about the UMC library, but the main campus library is very big and nice. There are private study rooms, etc. Regular university stuff. But no, there is no place to study at school except a vacant hallway here and there :D .