UNLV GPR Experience Blog

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

simpsonj24

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year, when I was trying to decide on what AEGD/GPR programs to apply to, there just was not a lot of available information on the actual resident experiences. When you have good numbers but want to be a general dentist it can be really frustrating because you want certain things out of a program but there are so many programs out there, how are you supposed to know the average scope of a program?

The best way of course is to talk to the current and past residents but they are often hard to get a hold of (as I found out last year). So in order to do my part to help the current applicant navigate the multitude of programs I will be posting monthly my experiences with a running total and any other information that I think would help.

Initially, here is the run down of the program:

Staff -
General Dentists: Two full-time general dentists who are very knowledgeable ( willing to cover literally any procedure, so far they seem very competent).
Periodontist: Tues - Thurs every week, who also seems very knowledgable. Endo: every other friday
OMS: every monday am/wed am.
Pros/ortho: none

I will post again at the end of August to post my numbers and any other relevant information.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Last year, when I was trying to decide on what AEGD/GPR programs to apply to, there just was not a lot of available information on the actual resident experiences. When you have good numbers but want to be a general dentist it can be really frustrating because you want certain things out of a program but there are so many programs out there, how are you supposed to know the average scope of a program?

The best way of course is to talk to the current and past residents but they are often hard to get a hold of (as I found out last year). So in order to do my part to help the current applicant navigate the multitude of programs I will be posting monthly my experiences with a running total and any other information that I think would help.

Initially, here is the run down of the program:

Staff -
General Dentists: Two full-time general dentists who are very knowledgeable ( willing to cover literally any procedure, so far they seem very competent).
Periodontist: Tues - Thurs every week, who also seems very knowledgable. Endo: every other friday
OMS: every monday.
Pros/ortho: none

I will post again at the end of August to post my numbers and any other relevant information.

thanks very much... this may be better on the resident page....

the more comments from residents, the better choice students can make... I always suggest visiting of possible.

If you would allow students to contact you via email... then maybe speak to them it would be great.