-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UNLV interviews?
Started by PTpro
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I contacted them before and was told that they don't even review a candidate until after they have sent their fall grades, so that really sucks for anyone taking classes currently. I kind of regret applying after finding that out.
I didn't get told this specifically but I did get an email where they were made it sound like getting your fall transcripts sent ASAP after academic update opens was a big deal...
I knew for sure they didn't start processing applications/sending out interviews until after the Nov. 3rd deadline, but I guess it may be later than that.
Last edited:
Anyone hear from UNLV on when their interviews will be? I've got a couple deposits at other places I may have to pay just in case if they don't get back to me in time.
Man I thought this thread was going to be asking who else had gotten an interview today or something and started excitedly opening my email...lol
Yeah, I think I got the same email. I called them to clarify. They said that I would need to have my transcript immediately sent after fall grades were in. They said there was an extremely small window of time for me to get it done.I didn't get told this specifically but I did get an email where they were made it sound like getting your fall transcripts sent ASAP after academic update opens was a big deal...
I knew for sure they didn't start processing applications/sending out interviews until after the Nov. 3rd deadline, but I guess it may be later than that.
Yeah, I think I got the same email. I called them to clarify. They said that I would need to have my transcript immediately sent after fall grades were in. They said there was an extremely small window of time for me to get it done.
I don't really get that, none of the other schools I've applied to seem to have that issue. My grades won't even be posted and on my transcript until like 3 or 4 days after academic update opens...but the academic update stays open until like mid-January...wonder what the big rush is?
FYI for my CC I was able to submit the transcript request form NOW,
with the option "send after grades are posted."
with the option "send after grades are posted."
received Dec. 15. Looks like they give you less than two weeks' notice before the interview!
The UNLVPT Admissions Committee has reviewed your PTCAS file and your application is complete.
An important component of our admission’s process is an on-campus interview. These interviews are granted only to applicants who have completed their application and have positioned themselves well compared to the relative strength of the applicant pool. These interviews will take place at the end of January, 2015. You are eligible for the interview selection process and you will be notified if you have been granted an interview by January 15, 2015.
Thank you for your interest in UNLVPT
Sincerely,
UNLVPT Admission Committee
An important component of our admission’s process is an on-campus interview. These interviews are granted only to applicants who have completed their application and have positioned themselves well compared to the relative strength of the applicant pool. These interviews will take place at the end of January, 2015. You are eligible for the interview selection process and you will be notified if you have been granted an interview by January 15, 2015.
Thank you for your interest in UNLVPT
Sincerely,
UNLVPT Admission Committee
interview Jan.30
interview Jan.30
Just got the same email. 😀
So much for it taking until January 15. That took all of 4 days lol
must do. I'm in the 2nd half of the alphabet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So if I was gonna hang around in Vegas the Saturday after the interview and could only do one or two good tourista things, anyone have any reccomendations?
@Carson Ranger I realize your not from Vegas but your the closest I've got at this point so I'm lookin at you lol
@Carson Ranger I realize your not from Vegas but your the closest I've got at this point so I'm lookin at you lol
I've never been on the High Roller Ferris wheel. My favorite Cirque show is Ka at the MGM Grand. Walking the Strip can be fun. I was hoping to set up some play at the Frank and Vicki Fertitta Tennis Complex Thursday &or Friday, but I haven't heard back from the UNLV tennis club yet ...
The aquarium at the Mandalay Bay is pretty cool... the buffets at Ceaser Palace and Bellagio are really good too... and if you play poker, I like the Venetian the best...I love Vegas, I'm probly gonna retire there when I'm older hahaSo if I was gonna hang around in Vegas the Saturday after the interview and could only do one or two good tourista things, anyone have any reccomendations?
@Carson Ranger I realize your not from Vegas but your the closest I've got at this point so I'm lookin at you lol
I just received an email about an interview! Flights for me are super expensive at such short notice, so I really don't know what to do.
Are you scheduled for Jan. 30?
the 23rdAre you scheduled for Jan. 30?
I'm from the other side of the country, so yeah hah. But thanks!Sheesh 18 days notice...
Good luck!
From past threads it seems that they interview around 80 peopleDoes anyone happen to know how many candidates they interview?
From past threads it seems that they interview around 80 people
Really? Where did you see this? 80 interviews for ~35 seats is less than I though it would be. I guess having gotten an interviewer as an out-of-stater must be a pretty good sign then...hopefully lol...
I went back through some old threads and saw where a current student said they heard they were interviewing around 80 also. I don't remember if it was last year or 2013.Really? Where did you see this? 80 interviews for ~35 seats is less than I though it would be. I guess having gotten an interviewer as an out-of-stater must be a pretty good sign then...hopefully lol...
Lemme try and find itReally? Where did you see this? 80 interviews for ~35 seats is less than I though it would be. I guess having gotten an interviewer as an out-of-stater must be a pretty good sign then...hopefully lol...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Guys, I am a current UNLV student. Last I heard they are interviewing around 80 applicants. And those of you waiting for an interview don't give up hope yet. I know some students in the program that got offered an interview a week or two before the interview date. Good luck to everyone interviewing and good luck to those of you waiting!
Hey Guys, I am a current UNLV student. Last I heard they are interviewing around 80 applicants. And those of you waiting for an interview don't give up hope yet. I know some students in the program that got offered an interview a week or two before the interview date. Good luck to everyone interviewing and good luck to those of you waiting!
Nice. Who was the OP of that quote?
SNES90Nice. Who was the OP of that quote?
Hey everyone! I actually am a current first year student at UNLV. I don't know the exact number of candidates, but I think I heard it was close to 80 this year also. Good luck to everyone! If anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer what I know.
Can you describe the interview format and what the agenda was like for the interview day last year?
Sure! Last year they had assigned is into three groups. After a brief introduction and opportunity to talk to some of the students, your group would do one of three things. We took a tour of the department, took a tour of some of the campus, and had our interview. Each group did those things in different order.
The interview was with a member of the faculty and an alumni PT. I felt like the questions were what I expected, nothing to out of the ordinary.
After the three parts, the faculty introduced themselves. That's the gist of it. This year may be a little different because they split it into 2 days. Last year all the interviews were on the same day; a morning group and an afternoon group.
The interview was with a member of the faculty and an alumni PT. I felt like the questions were what I expected, nothing to out of the ordinary.
After the three parts, the faculty introduced themselves. That's the gist of it. This year may be a little different because they split it into 2 days. Last year all the interviews were on the same day; a morning group and an afternoon group.
Sure! Last year they had assigned is into three groups. After a brief introduction and opportunity to talk to some of the students, your group would do one of three things. We took a tour of the department, took a tour of some of the campus, and had our interview. Each group did those things in different order.
The interview was with a member of the faculty and an alumni PT. I felt like the questions were what I expected, nothing to out of the ordinary.
After the three parts, the faculty introduced themselves. That's the gist of it. This year may be a little different because they split it into 2 days. Last year all the interviews were on the same day; a morning group and an afternoon group.
Nice one, thanks!
Got my interview for the 23rd. Wishing everyone luck with the interview process!
Got my interview for the 23rd. Wishing everyone luck with the interview process!
Wow, just today? That's cuttin it pretty close lol
That might have been because of me, I decided to not go to the interview 2 days ago. I've realized that Vegas would not be a good place for me to study lolWow, just today? That's cuttin it pretty close lol
That might have been because of me, I decided to not go to the interview 2 days ago. I've realized that Vegas would not be a good place for me to study lol
Wow, just today? That's cuttin it pretty close lol
No I definitely did not get my interview today. I have had the interview since 12/23, but I saw the forum and thought I would post. I am a new member to SDN as of yesterday. 🙂
No I definitely did not get my interview today. I have had the interview since 12/23, but I saw the forum and thought I would post. I am a new member to SDN as of yesterday. 🙂
Aha, gotcha. Well you blew @ktachiba's theory...hope someone else does get to take that open spot though!
Yeah I'm pretty set on going to UNE unless I get into Puget Sound, then I'll have to really think. Ive gone to Vegas every year since I was little... I wanna experience a new environment. Plus there's a lot of distractions there lolYou must be pretty happy with the acceptance you already have then...
Yeah I'm pretty set on going to UNE unless I get into Puget Sound, then I'll have to really think. Ive gone to Vegas every year since I was little... I wanna experience a new environment. Plus there's a lot of distractions there lol
Puget Sound is a great school. I have a friend who is going there now, and have worked with a couple PTs who graduated from there; and they are all great. I can only imagine how hard the decision would be if you were accepted.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah it seems like a solid program. I like how it has its own outpatient clinic that students participate in. It would basically come down to which location I'd rather live in. Either in lots of rain or cold winters lol.Puget Sound is a great school. I have a friend who is going there now, and have worked with a couple PTs who graduated from there; and they are all great. I can only imagine how hard the decision would be if you were accepted.
I had my interview yesterday and it hopefully went well. They are interviewing around 90 people this year for the 30 spots out of 750 applicants. Interviews were 20 minutes each and were pretty low-key and conversational. They said that decisions should be made in 2 weeks. Feel free to ask any questions. Good luck to everyone who is interviewing next week!
What kind of questions did they ask you? Did you interview 1 on 1?I had my interview yesterday and it hopefully went well. They are interviewing around 90 people this year for the 30 spots out of 750 applicants. Interviews were 20 minutes each and were pretty low-key and conversational. They said that decisions should be made in 2 weeks. Feel free to ask any questions. Good luck to everyone who is interviewing next week!
Questions were pretty general: why PT, describing myself, talking about shadowing experiences, life balance ... It wasn't as scripted as other interviews that I have had and I didn't feel like any of the questions were made to catch me off guard. Like smuttle said, just be yourself and don't stress out.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 3K