UNLV INTERVIEWS >?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sumozmom

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody had an interview w/UNLV? (this yr or before)
Can you share the experience and the expectations?
Any other input will be good too!

thnx:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

sumozmom said:

I saw the same post three times.
Chill... You are not applying until next year are you?
Just read the interview feedback section.
UNLV's interview is super laid back unless you have Ancajas lol.

I just interviewed there last month and I thought their curriculum was very impressive. Dr. Ancajas was very nice. She may come off a little serious, but it wasn't long before I realized that she was very nice and very friendly. I hate it when people take a little bit of professionalism that these schools portray and misinterpret it into ice queens and and stone faced canibals. These people are human beings like the rest of us and have a very strenuous few months to go through. I enjoyed my experience there very much. Dr. Kingsley is probably the greatest person to ever walk this earth. His personality will keep you laughing and smiling the whole time he's in the room talking to you. They care very much about their students and work as hard as they can to make you feel important and to make you competent and proficient dentists. They are all very approachable and you can tell that they will always be that way. They offered a number of times that if anyone wanted to drop by their offices after the interview process and talk with them some more, were very welcome. Those interviewing me were very nice. The first was a D2 student named Amy and the second was one of the faculty. Don't be affraid to ask as many questions as you want in the middle of the presentation. They enjoy questions and you can tell it lifts the atmosphere very well when it changes from formal to informal just with a few questions and you can tell that Dr. Ancajas appreciated that. Just my 2, 3, and 4 cents. Kenny

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed there this year. There are quite a few posts about them floating around right now. I'd dig a couple pages back and I'm sure you'll see lots of them.

My experience was great. Friendly people, nice and helpful students, and beautiful facilities. I liked it. I really really liked it. The interviews went very very well and I hope to hear good news from them.

sumozmom said:

Sumozmom,

Your dog is freaking me out...........man.

joebucks said:
Sumozmom,

Your dog is freaking me out...........man.
Why - he z s baby

ya like dags???

If you know what movie that's from you have great taste..lol

rajmahal2004 said:
ya like dags???

If you know what movie that's from you have great taste..lol

CANDYBARZZZZZZ

Hey, was anybody out there as slow as I? I didn't get the UNLV letter forwarded from my folks' house for like two weeks after it arrived (They were in Hawaii). Consequently, by the time I called to set up the interview, the closest date open was Dec 15th. That sets me up to hear back from them mmmmmmm........ let me see....... long after I have had to secure my spot w/ $ at one of the other schools (given I"m accepted). Sweeeeet!

So how about you guys, anybody interviewing on Dec 15th?

acceptance said:
Hey, was anybody out there as slow as I? I didn't get the UNLV letter forwarded from my folks' house for like two weeks after it arrived (They were in Hawaii). Consequently, by the time I called to set up the interview, the closest date open was Dec 15th. That sets me up to hear back from them mmmmmmm........ let me see....... long after I have had to secure my spot w/ $ at one of the other schools (given I"m accepted). Sweeeeet!

I have December 8th. Don't worry about it, December interviews are fine. They don't fill their class on December 1st, that's just when they start. Good luck.

acceptance said:

You get like 6 weeks to secure your spot... assuming you get accepted Dec 1st, that gives you until Jan 15th to send the money. With an interview on Dec 15th and their admissions committee meeting weekly or biweekly, you'll hear from them before you need to send your money in... albeit, it will be a close call ;)

Thanks dudes! Good luck to both of you.