UNLV second round acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tingteenfone

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, i've heard people getting accepted today for UNLV's second round acceptance, I also interviewed there during december 14th and I did not hear anything back. I heard those accepted got a phone call today around 2ish pm, BUT I DIDNT so i guess its a no. Anybody got the call? Please share, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

yeah. i interview there in december as well. unlv is my number 1, if i dont get in im going to be upset. I have had two other interviews, and no acceptances. I am getting pretty darn tired of waiting and waiting and waiting. I cant take it anymore.

Chiiiiiiiill out people. I interviewed there this month and all you SDNers spread so many rumors and get so worked up. UNLV professors told us at the presentation that the admissions committee met today, 1/23/07, to make their post Dec. 1st/second round decisions. Therefore, you wil be receiving acceptance/waitlist/rejection letters at the end of this week. I have many friends who have been accepted there post Dec. 1st previous years and UNLV does NOT call you. They only send out letters for their acceptances.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey fajitapita, that is not true. My friend and I who went to the same college interviewed at UNLV december 14th, he got a call today. Also if you refer to the other threat under "UNLV", I think this guy heli-doctor said that he also got a call today for acceptance, but ya I will chill out haha thanks.

Those people couldn't possible be lying, maybe they changed it this year and started calling people?? O wellz.

I personally called UNLV yesterady (the 23rd), its my number 1 also. They told me that the decisions were made yesterday, and will be finalized by this thursday (the 25th). They said I can call in on thursday morning over the phone and they'll tell me over the phone whether or not i got it. Tomorrow morning around 8 or 9, Im calling.

Woooooooo!!! Just called the admissions office today and they told me that I have been offered a position for their class!!! UNLV baby!!

Yeah I called today to see if my app was considered in their process because I never got called yesterday and they said I was accepted. No call means call them to find out!

so get this...I interview at UNLV on March 1st! LOL how silly is that. my chances of getting a spot on the waiting list are like 1% ... anywho..thought someone might enjoy that

What do you mean the chances of you getting on a waitlist are like 1%? Are you implying there's no way you'll be accepted? There's people that get interviewed early and still waitlisted. There's also people interview so late that they don't get accepted until a week before classes staart.

I was scheduled for late Feb but called and got interviewed last week. if I were you I would try to get in early and increase your chances. Good Luck!!!

Sooooooo happy, yet soooo confused! I already have my deposit down for Temple (in Philly). My family lives in Cali (about 3 hrs. from Vegas)! Really don't know what to do:confused:

If you live close right now then just drive there and check it out. I didn't know what to expect going to UNLV but was very pleasantly surprised! They have an innovative curriculum, top notch facilities and a positive learning environment. You'd also get a ton of clinical experience there because they don't have specialty programs so you'll have all the cases that normally goto residents. Plus, it's Vegas babe!!! GL !

Yeah I called today to see if my app was considered in their process because I never got called yesterday and they said I was accepted. No call means call them to find out!

which # did you call to find out your status?? I called the school few times at 702-774-2520, but it's always voice mail.. Did anyone receive rejection letter via email or regular mail post interview??

i have been checking my mail everyday, but no luck yet...

If you live close right now then just drive there and check it out. I didn't know what to expect going to UNLV but was very pleasantly surprised! They have an innovative curriculum, top notch facilities and a positive learning environment. You'd also get a ton of clinical experience there because they don't have specialty programs so you'll have all the cases that normally goto residents. Plus, it's Vegas babe!!! GL !

you realize they are building a specialty building with 5 specialties that will be finished being built by the time you matriculate. did you see all the construction there when you interviewed?

Just wanted to let you know that I called the other day to ask a question and they told me that 31 people accepted the first round on Dec 1, and they sent out 50 more acceptances for the second round. And if you check predents there are a few that already were going somewhere else from the first round and didn't accept. So I'm sure mid-feb will be the 3rd round and another 30-40 acceptances.

They have 75 spots....don't freak out....

but when you do get in join the facebook group!

Anyone with other number than 702 774 2520???