UNLV Simulation Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothiemonster

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who went to the UNLV Simulation courses offered this month? I just finished it and found it to be extremely organized considering dental students did all the work for the sim course.
Can anybody compare UNLV's sim course to other school's? like, UOP's for example?

Members don't see this ad.

I went. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I really liked the waxing as well as the amalgam/composite restorations. I really wish they would have give everyone a tour of the clinic, as only some people got to tour it.

i admit it was better than i thought but it felt too long on saturday... we could have ended at 3pm or earlier...

overall......A+ good job Nate

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree. I had a great experience and it was very encouraging to see that I was capable of doing the things I'm planning on doing for the rest of my life. I also found everyone to be very easy to talk to and made me feel welcome (I came from pretty far away).

anyone do this recently (last year)? It costs ~$200, but i believe you must find your own housing and transportation. I'm from CA, so it might cost more. gotta send in check tomorrow. Worth it?

is there a link where I can get some info about the sim lab course? i tried searching for it on the unlv sdm website. thanks!

I know UNLV cares about it. Dr. Ancajas (Director of Admissions) told us that she keeps a list names of all the people who attend the sim course. Then she refers to it when making admission decisions. If UNLV is high on your list of schools you want to attend, I would say it's worth it.

I attended the sim course a couple years ago and volunteered at it last year. I thought it was totally worth the money.