UNLV vs Marquette

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tbond5

Enrolled
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between the two schools. I'm out of state for both and due to UNLV's changing to instate after the first year tuition and fees are an average of 60k a year. Both I believe are similar in price so comparing the schools is what I really need. Location is not an issue unless one's living is more than the other.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm trying to decide between the two schools. I'm out of state for both and due to UNLV's changing to instate after the first year tuition and fees are an average of 60k a year. Both I believe are similar in price so comparing the schools is what I really need. Location is not an issue unless one's living is more than the other.

If cost is not the issue then try to remember the feeling you got at each school during the interview. Choose the one that you see yourself being happiest at. Both are pretty cheap as far as living and both are excellent schools. Also, all else being equal, another thing to consider would be the weather at both schools. They are definitely two extremes. That probably won't be your deciding factor but it's something to consider if there is one climate you really can't handle.

Ps I was accepted at UNLV and wait listed at Marquette. I absolutely loved both schools and could see myself at either one. I really hope I get accepted to Marquette. I would love to have the tough decision you have.

If cost is not the issue then try to remember the feeling you got at each school during the interview. Choose the one that you see yourself being happiest at. Both are pretty cheap as far as living and both are excellent schools. Also, all else being equal, another thing to consider would be the weather at both schools. They are definitely two extremes. That probably won't be your deciding factor but it's something to consider if there is one climate you really can't handle.

Ps I was accepted at UNLV and wait listed at Marquette. I absolutely loved both schools and could see myself at either one. I really hope I get accepted to Marquette. I would love to have the tough decision you have.

I've actually been waitlisted for Marquette as well I'm just preparing myself if I do have to make a decision in January. I'm pretty sure I'll stick with UNLV though cause I love scrubs, the weather, and the west coast.

Marquette has scrubs too as a uniform!

Marquette is awesome. I mean, I have never been to UNLV so I cannot speak for it.

Definitely, it's freezing during the winters. So you have to get used to Wisconsin's bipolar weather.

Milwaukee is like a Chicago, without the insane traffic. It's a really nice place to live, and downtown is sweet too.

Up to you!