Unlv

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Calident

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about how hard it is to get into UNLV? I know my name is Cali, but my wife and I are thinking that Vegas doesn't sound too bad, either. Also, it says on their website that a 3.3 GPA and 18 AA/18TS/18PAT makes a candidate competitive. Do you think that my 3.1 and 21AA/21TS/20PAT makes me have a chance at getting in there? I really don't think I actually have much of a chance at any of the Cali schools, but UNLV is close to our families (Utah and Cali) and would be a good option, too......

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds to me you answered and researched your own question. If an applicant with an 18 AA is considered competitive and you have a 21AA dont you think your competitive? come on dude. Good luck.

tiny2533 said:
Sounds to me you answered and researched your own question. If an applicant with an 18 AA is considered competitive and you have a 21AA dont you think your competitive? come on dude. Good luck.

Sorry....my GPA seriously just keeps bringing me down (am a re-applicant this year). It lower than low....(why was a such a stupid idiot my first two years of college?)

Members don't see this ad :)

Sorry for the double post, my computer is being stupid. I dont think you should be to hard on yourself. You have a good chance at all of the Cali schools from the statistics I have seen.

I think you have a good shot. Put in an app. It doesn't hurt! Plus, we are a great school and should be included in your app pool anyway. There are a ton of Utah/Cali people in our "out of state" people. Good luck! If you have any questions PM me cause I am rarely in this forum.

Calident said:
Does anybody know anything about how hard it is to get into UNLV? I know my name is Cali, but my wife and I are thinking that Vegas doesn't sound too bad, either. Also, it says on their website that a 3.3 GPA and 18 AA/18TS/18PAT makes a candidate competitive. Do you think that my 3.1 and 21AA/21TS/20PAT makes me have a chance at getting in there? I really don't think I actually have much of a chance at any of the Cali schools, but UNLV is close to our families (Utah and Cali) and would be a good option, too......

They use a formula to determine interview invites. At least that's what they told us last year when interviewing.

((Sci GPA/4.0)+(Overall GPA/4.0))x((AA + PAT scores)/60)x300=perfect score of 600. If you calculate 300 or above, you are invited to interview. The personal interviews total another 400 points. If you total over 700 you get an offer. Not sure if it's really that black and white. I'm sure you can find old posts regarding the formula by searching the site.