Unm Cop

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

islander01

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so I received an interview from UNM for 1/08, but I am curious looking at their acceptance rate for out of state students. They said only 10 people who are out of state got accepted. 100 people are interviewed for 85 seats total. I want to ask if anyone knows how they make a decision on accepting or rejecting out of state people; I am pretty sure for in-state people unless u messed up really bad in their interview or something that they will reject you.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying from out of state as well and received an interview 1/26. I was also curious to know about those stats...seems like if you have an interview you're pretty much in ( or for in state students at least). I have until the end of this month to decide whether or not to accept the interview. What are your thoughts on the school?

barren...thats for sure. hahahah

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow...you guys got your interview letters way before the actual interview date. I just got mine on Xmas eve...what a present, right? =) Whatever the criteria for out of state students are..I'm sure we'll find out soon. Adcom meets the following Monday after that Saturday interview date. Seems like it will be a fast turnaround period.

Hi,
for those of you who get interviews for UNM, do you mind to share your stats, please.

Approximately when did they let you know by email that your application was complete? And how long did it take for them to invite you for an interview?

I just got an email today that my application's complete, and I know they run interviews through April, but I'm hoping an interview will come sooner than that. :) My stats aren't that great, and I don't think that being an out-of-state applicant helps, but it'd be nice to at least get an interview. :)

They said only 10 people who are out of state got accepted. 100 people are interviewed for 85 seats total.

This is not actually the case, according to the school website, which differs SIGNIFICANTLY from what PharmCAS lists. Last year, they interviewed something like 200, accepted about 100, and ended up with a class size of 85 from those acceptees. I think for out-of-state, they fill those on a semi-rolling basis, so if you have an early interview, you should know sooner than the in-state students.

Hi,
for those of you who get interviews for UNM, do you mind to share your stats, please.

-GPA: 3.33
-Science: 3.33
-PCAT: 95
-BA in Biology, minor in History from Wellesley College
-Worked as a compounding technician since June '07
-Not a ton of ECs or volunteering, more like a meager smattering.

Approximately when did they let you know by email that your application was complete? And how long did it take for them to invite you for an interview?

My PharmCAS application was sent on Dec. 10th. I think I got an e-mail on the 21st of December that my app was received and complete, and they must have mailed my invitation interview the same day, I think, because I got the letter in the mail on the 24th. Hope that helps!

yeah i think i said yes i was going then, but i dont think i am going to go anymore.

yeah i think i said yes i was going then, but i dont think i am going to go anymore.

Did you get a bad impression from the interview? Or just more interested in another school now?

Im not sure of the exact process... a friend of mine last year was accepted out of state from the waitlist about 3 weeks prior to classes starting so there is hope if you are waitlisted. I'll be interested to see how it goes... hopefully it is rolling for out of staters... see you guys there.