Unofficial acceptance thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Concubine

PDE5 inhibited
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought I might as well start an unofficial acceptance thread. I just got accepted to Touro-NV.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow that's great! Congratulations! :clap:

I just unofficially accepted myself to harvard. I am still waiting for confirmation from the admissions office.

Members don't see this ad :)
How can you be "unofficially" accepted somewhere?

I should clarify. I have not seen the acceptance letter, but got a preliminary email from the admissions that I had been accepted. So...I guess that's official enough. Maybe I'll change it to the official acceptance thread.

I'm interviewing there on Monday. How long did it take from interview to acceptance? Also, how long did they give you to decide?

2 weeks. they give you another two weeks to decide before you have to put a deposit down ($2000). All but 10% of that is refundable.

2 weeks. they give you another two weeks to decide before you have to put a deposit down ($2000). All but 10% of that is refundable.

Congrats!! That's super exciting! (and also a lot of non-refundable dough;))
Are you going to attend?

Congrats!! That's super exciting! (and also a lot of non-refundable dough;))
Are you going to attend?

That's not bad though right? If you pay the deposit then decide to attend elsewhere you've only lost $200.

Thanks!

Whew, I can stomach a net loss of $200. The 2K sounded pretty scary, but if all but $200 is refundable - I'll sleep easier about having Touro-NV as my first interview.

oh, right...sorry. it's been a long day. I read it as only getting back $200. I swear I can read.:D

Concubine, congrats on the acceptance! I was unofficially accepted too, but just sent in my deposit for Touro-NV. I can't wait until fall next year.

Concubine, congrats on the acceptance! I was unofficially accepted too, but just sent in my deposit for Touro-NV. I can't wait until fall next year.

Thanks guys! Also cograts to you keep83. I think I'll send my deposit in, but I'm really hoping to get into my state school (much cheaper). But either way, at least I'm going somewhere!