Unofficial Score Report??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scpredent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How reliable are the Unofficial score report that you walk out of prometric with? Has anyone had different scores on the official report? just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering about this too..does anyone know if you can contact the ADA to verify your official scores?

seems like an odd thing to worry about

based on the number of errors on the 2009 ADA practice DAT i think we all have good reason to worry about how accurate our scores are from the unofficial sheet. i'm just too cheap to order an official one from ADA.

Members don't see this ad :)
based on the number of errors on the 2009 ADA practice DAT i think we all have good reason to worry about how accurate our scores are from the unofficial sheet. i'm just too cheap to order an official one from ADA.
This is the first or second year the 2009 practice DAT is being offered. the real DAT has been offered for tens of years.

The errors on the practice DAT do not support any sort of prediction that a score can change between the unofficial and official score report either (IMO)

I agree with this.

What sort of craziness would it be if you scored, say, a 24AA and then suddenly, oh, we made a mistake, you really got a 18AA.

I think the question should be:

HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEIR UNOFFICIAL SCORE AND WHAT SCHOOLS RECEIVE VIA AADSAS?

Thanks

This is the first or second year the 2009 practice DAT is being offered. the real DAT has been offered for tens of years.

The errors on the practice DAT do not support any sort of prediction that a score can change between the unofficial and official score report either (IMO)

the 2009 test is 2 years old by now....they should have all errors taken care of at this point. this year's version of the DAT is not tens of years old. it's less than a year old. so the chances of there being errors in the answer key is highly likely, especially if it takes them 2 years to recognize a page worth of errors on the 2009 test. it doesn't mean that there are errors on this year's test and i personally don't think there would be more than a couple if there were any. but, yes, errors on an fairly recent practice test i think gives validity to the argument that there could be errors on the real thing.

I highly doubt there is any auditing of the answer key. I mean if the test making bafoons were too lazy and/or incompetent to double check and make sure the answer key is 100% accurate before it's released to Prometric, then they surely will not do so after someone takes the exam.

I never heard of anyone's scores changing after the test.

I'm certain there are errors in current versions but you won't find out about them until they release a practice exam a few years from now at which point people will scream "WTF! I should have scored XX! I would be in dental school right now instead of mowing lawns!"

I agree again with LG2DS..

If they messed that up and it really affected someone, I think they would want them to lick their balls.

If you really believe that the incentive to review a practice exam is equal to that of reviewing the actual DAT then i guess i'll stop responding.

If you really believe that the incentive to review a practice exam is equal to that of reviewing the actual DAT then i guess i'll stop responding.

The point is that the 2009 Practice Exam, which was an actual exam, should have never had errors in the first place before it went live back in 2009. Had they thoroughly reviewed the accuracy of the answer key before it went live, then we wouldn't have found so many errors on it. Thus, you can assume that if they didn't do it back then, then they wouldn't do it now.

Here's another way we can think about it.

There are a handful of different versions of the exam. If they actually checked the accuracy of the answer key after someone takes the exam and found errors on that particular version, then they would update the answer key so subsequent exam takers would have an accurate score. Thus, if there were errors on your version originally when it was released live, then it would've been corrected by the time you took the exam. And so your scores should be accurate.

Here's another way we can think about it.

There are a handful of different versions of the exam. If they actually checked the accuracy of the answer key after someone takes the exam and found errors on that particular version, then they would update the answer key so subsequent exam takers would have an accurate score. Thus, if there were errors on your version originally when it was released live, then it would've been corrected by the time you took the exam. And so your scores should be accurate.
I also have never heard of anyone's scores changing between the unofficial and official score reports. You would think that with the amount of rules and regulations implemented for actual DAT exams that the ADA would get their answer keys right. We have bigger, better things to worry about than the accuracy of score reports.