Unofficial vs Official in Transcript Entry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Violet2020

USA San Marcos SPT
Reaction score
After watching the PTCAS Transcript Entry video on top of reading the directions they mentioned transcript entry based off of official transcripts. How different are those from an unofficial transcript, really? I already mailed my official ones to PTCAS, must I really re-send official ones to my home to use instead of the free unofficial ones universities provide off student portals?

I will do it, but I would like to hear if anyone has seen explicit differences.

Members don't see this ad.

Unofficial transcripts are used as an academic standing evaluation tool, advising tool, etc. Official transcripts are used for applications to other institutions, applications for employment, and for off campus purposes. It’s usually sent with some sort of seal and other measures to ensure that the document has not been altered. Get the official ones.

Unofficial transcripts are used as an academic standing evaluation tool, advising tool, etc. Official transcripts are used for applications to other institutions, applications for employment, and for off campus purposes. It’s usually sent with some sort of seal and other measures to ensure that the document has not been altered. Get the official ones.
So other than the seal, there is no difference in the content inside? (For example, course labels)

Members don't see this ad :)
When entering my grades on PTCAS, I used my unofficial transcript. Then, sent my official transcripts to PTCAS. No problems.

Reactions: 1 user
I would just check with the college to be sure. Most of them are not different from official.