• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Unofficial vs Official in Transcript Entry

Violet2020

USA San Marcos SPT
Apr 27, 2019
California
  1. Physical Therapy Student
  2. Pre-Physical Therapy
    After watching the PTCAS Transcript Entry video on top of reading the directions they mentioned transcript entry based off of official transcripts. How different are those from an unofficial transcript, really? I already mailed my official ones to PTCAS, must I really re-send official ones to my home to use instead of the free unofficial ones universities provide off student portals?

I will do it, but I would like to hear if anyone has seen explicit differences.

nd_dpt

5+ Year Member
    Nov 12, 2015
    1. Physical Therapist
      Unofficial transcripts are used as an academic standing evaluation tool, advising tool, etc. Official transcripts are used for applications to other institutions, applications for employment, and for off campus purposes. It’s usually sent with some sort of seal and other measures to ensure that the document has not been altered. Get the official ones.

Violet2020

USA San Marcos SPT
      Apr 27, 2019
      California
      1. Physical Therapy Student
      2. Pre-Physical Therapy
        Unofficial transcripts are used as an academic standing evaluation tool, advising tool, etc. Official transcripts are used for applications to other institutions, applications for employment, and for off campus purposes. It’s usually sent with some sort of seal and other measures to ensure that the document has not been altered. Get the official ones.
        So other than the seal, there is no difference in the content inside? (For example, course labels)

About the Ads
        About the Ads
        This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.