Unranked wait list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Catdaddy33

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been wait listed at a couple schools and I have been told its an unranked list. Does anyone have any insight to how schools use an "unranked" wait list? Is it first come first serve?

Members don't see this ad.

that most likely means it is first come first serve. But it can also mean that they will randomize the lot and choose whoever pops up first.

Maybe you can call a few times (not like anything excessive to seem annoying) but to show that you are extremely interested in the program. So when a seat opens up, they will remember that "Oh, this person seemed genuinely interested" and maybe consider you and call?

Only an idea!

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe you can call a few times (not like anything excessive to seem annoying) but to show that you are extremely interested in the program. So when a seat opens up, they will remember that "Oh, this person seemed genuinely interested" and maybe consider you and call?

Only an idea!

I have heard of cases like this working. Instead of just calling to tell them you are interested you should really call them to update your file. For instance, tell them you want to add 100 more hours to your shadowing, etc.

How would adding shadowing hours (of all things) increase your odds in an unranked pool?