Unstructured/DIY post-bacc programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jrortega

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm in need of some advice. I'm trying to figure out all options for a nontraditional student cam take to getting into medical school.

I have a nonscience BA degree and law degree (long story). I'm in the Bay Area and talked to SFSU and CSUEB about their structured programs and they suggested it would be a good idea to take intro science classes at a CC for a better chance of getting in and to have a science gpa started. I took intro to Bio and Chem, about to take intro Org. Chem and precalculus. If I don't get into a structured program how do I go about the DIY? Looking at UCSF med school for instance, they require 1 yr of bio/chem, and like 1 or 2 other classes. If I take those classes at a university is that literally all I need to apply? (Aside from MCAT and other materials)

Members don't see this ad.

Here is a good post by @Goro that lists some of the courses that you should consider for DIY postbacc.

Reactions: 1 users