UNTHSC DPT Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abasimike

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have an interview for UNT DPT program on 2/24/12. Anyone has an idea of what to expect. I need some insight and information to help get me prepared.

Members don't see this ad.

I had my interview there in early December. The interview itself last about thirty minutes. You will be interviewed by one student and one faculity member/local clinician. They will ask you some question to your knowledge of the field but a lot of the questions are targeted to get to know you. Other than knowing info concerning the APTA and TPTA, there is not much you can do to prepare. I found it to be a relaxed interview and came away very impressed with the program.

Please share your experiences afterwards, I am trying to decide between them and another school and want every opinion I can get.

Good luck!

For both of you, what are ya'll's stat? pre-req gpa, cumulative and volunteer hours? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Buddy, Thank you so much for your information. I will definitely let you know. Were you already accepted into the program? What was the wait time. I know UNT is a great school as I obtained my first degree from the Denton, Campus. Oh well, I'll keep you posted after the interview.

prereq GPA - 4.0/4.0
Last 60 credits - 3.50/4.0
Volunteer hours - 90 hours
Healthcare experience hours - over 800 hours

I can't remember excatly but recall that the it took around 2 1/2 weeks for a response. I know that I had already been accepted before I even heard about interviews from some other schools. Just make sure to answer any calls from unknown numbers in that period.

Also be sure to have some questions. Many people told me it dowsn't matter what the questions are just ask some but I think that if you are going to choose to invest that much time and money you should probably have some questions you want answers to. I asked about the teaching oppurtunities, continuing education, scholarships, and how to prevent from becoming burned out.

It's good that you already have a favorable impresion of the school. I know some that were concerned due to how new the program is. I wasn't too concerned based on the reputation of their med school and no concerns after I was I visited. I look forward to hearing about your visit.

undergrad GPA- 3.43
graduate GPA- 3.94
last 60- 3.95
PT hours- 1200
Volunteer- 100

Thank you for such a detailed response. I will certainly get some questions together as part of my preparations. Will keep you posted on the actual visit. Did you say you were accepted into the UNT program? I am personally not worried about their accreditation status; as a state university, I know they will get one in the very near future.

Hey guys,

Just wanting to revive this thread for 2013 applicants. I have not heard anything from UNT and am really getting anxious. I had 3-4 friends get a rejection letter from UNT at the end of last week and that prompted me to call and ask for a status update on my application. They said people are still being considered and everyone should know by the end of next week. Has anyone gotten an interview/been rejected over the past couple weeks??

Thanks y'all! I have been reading these posts for a while and just wanted to get myself out there. Hoping to hear from UNT either way soon, its my top choice! Have a great day guys.

Could someone walk me through the process, for example, is it just a presentation then an interview? And is it two on one interviews or one at a time? I'm assuming no group interview because no one mentioned it.