You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Unthsc gsbs medical science 2011-2012
Started by PhoenixForever
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats. Are you going to attend pre orientation?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have made arrangements so I can go to pre-orientation this weekend. 🙂
So packing like crazy and getting ready for the big move in two weeks. I have been in Houston for the past 8 years so I am nervous and excited to me moving to a new area all at the same time.
I will miss all my friends here in Houston, but am really looking forward to meeting all of you and having a year of a lifetime. 😎
I will miss all my friends here in Houston, but am really looking forward to meeting all of you and having a year of a lifetime. 😎
So packing like crazy and getting ready for the big move in two weeks. I have been in Houston for the past 8 years so I am nervous and excited to me moving to a new area all at the same time.
I will miss all my friends here in Houston, but am really looking forward to meeting all of you and having a year of a lifetime. 😎
Congrats getting in! I just got accepted this past Friday. You'll love ft worth, there will be plenty to do in downtime (if we have any). Anyone from OOS? Also did I miss anything important at the pre-orientation?
Congrats getting in! I just got accepted this past Friday. You'll love ft worth, there will be plenty to do in downtime (if we have any). Anyone from OOS? Also did I miss anything important at the pre-orientation?
Hey Colbare,
I was also accepted this past Friday. They want to know my answer by the 25th...isn't that a bit soon?! I mean I know the program starts in May, but wow...that's a short period of time to weigh all my options. Plus, I don't even know what all of my options are yet!
What's OOS?
Hey Colbare,
I was also accepted this past Friday. They want to know my answer by the 25th...isn't that a bit soon?! I mean I know the program starts in May, but wow...that's a short period of time to weigh all my options. Plus, I don't even know what all of my options are yet!
What's OOS?
Hey sorry! I just got back on here and don't remember getting an email for your post. Did you go ahead and accept? You can always drop before orientation on 5/27. OOS is out of state
What's your premed situation like?
Hey y'all! Congrats on getting in and I can't wait to get to Fort Worth! I just got accepted last week and am scrambling to get things set up for going as I also get my graduation plans for this month. It's going to be a busy month!
Just wondering about a few things. I am a guy and would preferably like to have a roommate because I just don't like living alone. Is anyone on here looking? If not, is there another place I could look or a certain apartment complex that every student stays in?
I know it's late but I have to get this stuff done so any help is appreciated! Thanks and can't wait to get up there, meet y'all and get started!
Just wondering about a few things. I am a guy and would preferably like to have a roommate because I just don't like living alone. Is anyone on here looking? If not, is there another place I could look or a certain apartment complex that every student stays in?
I know it's late but I have to get this stuff done so any help is appreciated! Thanks and can't wait to get up there, meet y'all and get started!
I'm giving up my seat to attend either SOMA or AZCOM this fall! Hopefully someone will get off the waitlist soon 🙂
Med sci 2011-2012 is halfway over and going great....can't wait for the next semester to start.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To current or past students in the med sci masters program:
Is the program rigorous?
Is there enough free time available for a part-time job?
What is a normal class day look like?
To the best of your knowledge, how are classes in the program compared to first year medical student classes?
Is the program rigorous?
Is there enough free time available for a part-time job?
What is a normal class day look like?
To the best of your knowledge, how are classes in the program compared to first year medical student classes?
To current or past students in the med sci masters program:
Is the program rigorous?
Is there enough free time available for a part-time job?
What is a normal class day look like?
To the best of your knowledge, how are classes in the program compared to first year medical student classes?
yes I would say the program is very rigorous. It is a big adjustment from undergrad...alot of information really fast and then being tested on details as well as concepts. I likin it to drinking out of a fire hydrant.
As far as a part time job..that would be really challenging for most people. I would say definitely not a good idea but is not impossible. Some classes only have two exams so every point counts. A part time job could cost someone precious points.
The schedule varies day to day some days only morning classes and other days your there all day long in lectures and labs.
As far as compatibility to the first year I have heard it is about 80-90%. I am a current medical science student so I cannot providd first hand knowledge but speaking to other students that have graduated in the past it very comparable.
Thanks for the info!
If you don't mind answering a few more that would be great.
What kind of stats do you need to get accepted?
Is the interview process tough?
Did you apply for medical school during the program or are you waiting until you are done?
How much of a disadvantage would it be to me if I did not live in ft. worth? Like lived 45 minutes away?
If you don't mind answering a few more that would be great.
What kind of stats do you need to get accepted?
Is the interview process tough?
Did you apply for medical school during the program or are you waiting until you are done?
How much of a disadvantage would it be to me if I did not live in ft. worth? Like lived 45 minutes away?
http://www.hsc.unt.edu/education/gsbs/medicalsciences.cfmThanks for the info!
If you don't mind answering a few more that would be great.
What kind of stats do you need to get accepted?
Is the interview process tough?
Did you apply for medical school during the program or are you waiting until you are done?
How much of a disadvantage would it be to me if I did not live in ft. worth? Like lived 45 minutes away?
http://www.hsc.unt.edu/education/gsbs/MEDSFAQADM.cfm
-The above two links provide alot of great information about the program as far as stat requirements go.
-There was not a interview process for the medical science program. My understanding is that the acceptance decisions are based on the information that you provide in your applications.
-I and most of my classmate applied to medical school during the program, which is what is recommended also by the school. The courses are in a block schedule so you do have a handful of grades that you can update schools with during the application process. Also as this program is a great prep for medical school I think it would be better to jump straight into medical school while the information is still fresh instead of potentially having a year in between.
-There are a handful of students that commute as far as Dallas but living close to campus has many advantages. I think as long as you utilize your drive time (i.e. listen to lectures in the car) it won't be too much of a disadvantage. All of the class start 8am sharp almost everyday though. A long commute just eats up time for studying so you might have to sacrifice something else to get that time back. If at all possible I would move closer to campus.
Hey, has anyone heard on when the admissions committee at TCOM is going to start accepting medsci that just graduated or inform us if we should start applying again? I know a few people that have heard since graduation but there hasn't been any movement since.
Regarding the Med Sci program, what are the grade distributions like? How difficult is it to get at least a 3.3? Are the classes curved for Med Sci students? What suggestions do you have for reaching the 3.3 (+) gpa, please be specific.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 1K